~𝟞~

MENACE

The rest of the week progressed slowly. You remembered your goodbye with Gon. During the night, he drifted into a deep sleep on your lap. His own rage consumed his energy. He was exhausted. When the moon appeared behind the leaves, you decided it was time to go. You've had enough unstable emotions that needed processing on your own time. Perhaps 'relieving' that stress may help but that cannot be Gon who experiences that side of you. You take off after placing his head on his backpack as cushioning.

It was most likely around 4 a.m. and you were still wide awake. The thought of feeling any type of affection towards another human felt strange. It's like you've forgotten what it was to care for someone. No but it's different this time. This time, you're appreciated for your actions. You've been thanked. You know now what it is to be grateful for. You rewind to the event that took place the morning before. Did I make the right choice by helping that kid?

Promptly, you come to a halt. Your heart was beating faster than you can keep up with. You squeeze your hand until you feel blood seep through your fingers. You laugh instantly at your own thoughts. Have I really gone mad this time? The unbelievable choice would never be accepted by your father. Offering your help was inevitable. Caring was forbidden. You wanted to regret it but there was a blockage. Something prevented you from despising yourself. It's the boy.

You approach a faint sound. It was running water. At the end of the path was the bottom of a large waterfall. The light of the moon barely reflecting off the sprinkles of droplets from the top of the cascade. The sound of the water has always been one of your favorite elements of nature. Suddenly, a recognizable voice interrupted your train of thought.

"~I wasn't going to kill him, you know.~♠"

     Why do we always find each other by bodies of water?

"How was I supposed to know? You're as unpredictable as me." You aggressively replied.

"~Now, now. Don't be so harsh. I know you hate yourself for it.~♠"

"You don't know anything." You close your eyes in frustration, pulling your eyes away from your hands.

"~Oh... I don't? Then tell me why your hands are bleeding?~♠"

He was right. Your impulsive decision would've been solved if you had stopped to think it through. He seems to know everything, like he was psychic. Maybe he played a guessing game everyday of his life. But he would never have managed to make it this far. Unless he himself does knows everything. Why me? You relax your tense hands and face him. He was completely surrounded with the butterflies from earlier. Some fluttered towards you. You accepted their wish to feed on your blood by lifting your hands. Your face remains at a steady neutral, your eyebrows slightly descending.

"I did what I wanted because I always get what I please." You calmly announce.

"~Hmmm...~♦"

You focused your eyes on the butterflies. They landed on your soaked hands. Your eye lids felt heavy. You couldn't help but giggle at his reaction. Was he enjoying your instinct for having it my way? There's always a show between you two that gave a chill down your spine. You loved what he did. Memories of the first night flashed through your brain. The pulling of hair, the grasp on your neck and chest, the fact that he was watching. The lustful kiss. The wicked kiss. Your heart was pounding.

Hisoka made his way to you with crossed arms. Your gaze was glued to his neck. The neck provides support for the head which hold the most intelligent minds. Destroying one of the most important parts of the body was incredibly rewarding. All you wanted to do in the next few seconds was take away his ability to continue manipulating you. Cutting the circuit from the light bulb. He's the reason you've opened up to this new term known as 'affection'. It's unforgivable, not like you've used apologies much anyway. Your mind was clouded with rage. Your aura manifested itself around your body, levitating your hair. Its ruby color fed your lust.