~𝟠~

TRIO

The forth phase has ended. For the rest of the day, you tagged along with Killua. Voluntarily, it was easy to talk to him. He knows the thrill in killing since he was trained to and just that detail made you want to stay. Listening to his stories felt soothing. Refreshing. They reminded you that you're not so different from some crowds as you originally intended. You only spent another hour with Killua before heading back to the boat, the original departure from Trick Tower.

You approach the ship to see a cheerful girl holding a clipboard. You and Killua wait side-by-side waiting for her to check all the tags. The rest of the boys including Gon weren't there, yet. Killua looks around disappointedly but still standing triumphantly. At last minute, Leorio, Kurapika, and Gon appear, all waving their tags proudly.

From the crowd, you scan out familiar faces. A jester and the pin cushion's strange form. You glare your eyes at Hisoka, looking at him up and down. He smiles at you. You recover your vision and focus on your new group of friends. You have yet to admire Leorio and Kurapika's strengths and weaknesses. Not many in this group taking the Hunter Exam know about nen and it shows. Though they weren't aware of a power so advanced, their brains travelled faster than they can keep up with. When they finally understand it, they will be unstoppable.

Kurapika fills you in about the person who received you as a target tapped out. He ran into Kurapika himself at some point on the island only for him to reveal his target. They practically shivered at the sound of your name, immediately regretting entering the exam. You thought about encountering the person who received you as a target constantly but it never worried you. Them avoiding you was a pity but it saved you some time and allowed you to experience the events you did. He wouldn't waste too much of your time but it's funner torturing them. You're rather content that the man made that choice.

The final phase at last getting closer but still so far away. After a dreadful week, they rewarded you three days of resting before finally choosing who gets to earn the Hunter license. The final phase wasn't elaborated on and most likely being explained at the end of the three days. In the meantime, you now have some free time on the blimp. You're allowed to pick your rooms with people of your choice or if you'd rather stay alone. There was a cafe, dining room, and a bar. Plenty of space to walk around considering it's a blimp.

You decide to reject Leorio and Kurapika's offer to stay with them again but make it up by meeting up with them at the cafe every morning for the next three days. In the room, you settle your belongings and observe the rooms. There was a twin bed, a desk with a simple lamp laying on it, and a small plant beside the bed. The covers of the beds were a pale yellow with fluffy pillows. The dim yellow light on the ceiling ruined the overall vibe but it'll have to do considering there's no other option. You drop yourself on the bed, exhausted. A sudden urge to fall asleep overwhelmed your body and your eyes closed on their own.

───────

Two hours later, you awaken to a pair of laughters passing by outside your room. Those two never seem to get tired, in fact, they were running. Gon and Killua were still kids and had too much time on their hands. Regardless of their youth, they still managed to get this far in the Hunter Exam. They're strikingly talented and probably override every other person in this exam considering their ages. It's incredible who you can find nowadays. Their remarkable energy jump started your urges to explore as well.

Before leaving, you take a quick glance at your hair in the bathroom mirror. Your hair was as shiny as usual but you felt a little bored of the sight. You always wear your hair loose and style the fronts of your hair. Why not change for a bit? With extra hair ties, you take two and make a half up/half down pigtail style. You finalize the look with applying a matte dark red, different from your traditional glossy rust-brown. You thought to yourself about how the mirror reflected a sensual sight, and you loved the look. When you open the door, you're greeted with a recognizable face.