Dad (Part 3)

((Art by Ktmate_ on Twitter))

If you suggest something there's a good chance I'll do it. ;)

Don't Remember You, part 2 coming out soon because I was having writer's block and couldn't come up with a fresh idea, but not since the Dream SMP finale stream. Holy. Shit. Lots of ideas with the one.

I'm pretty sure I spelled L'Manburg wrong this whole book. Someone, please tell me how to properly spell it, omg.

4 days had passed since the funeral of Wilbur Soot, the button room had been destroyed, Tommy was given a visa to spend a week out of exile for the funeral, and Fundy was adapting to the new change.

He had been flooded with carings words, sorries, and hugs. He knew people were looking out for him who may have even cared more than he did. People who he cared about more than maybe Wilbur...

He couldn't tell anymore, everything seemed so blurred and mixed. The bad memories washed into the good ones. The bittersweet moment he had in the button room before he learned his plan to blow up the country.

It was a mess of thoughts and feelings Fundy did not want to deal with so instead of worrying about and analyzing his own thoughts, he was sat on the Manburg docks fishing.

Not because he had fond memories of fishing with his dad, but because he just could, because that was a meaningless activity he could busy himself with. He didn't even like fishing that much.

Fundy sat hunched over on a cooler and felt the rod in his hands tugged on. His brown eyes shot to the bobber that was under the surface and he began to rail violently in.

He hadn't been able to get a bite all day and this was finally his chance to catch something, anything, he'd take hooking a boot at this point. Anything to keep him entertained.

"Did you catch something?" A way too familiar voice asked coming from above Fundy's head.

Fundy flinched at the voice and looked above him to see a red beanied man in a yellow sweater and brown curly hair floating over Fundy, resting his head in his arms watching the water.

Fundy felt his soul leave his body. He completely froze forgetting all about whatever was biting.

"The fish!"

"Dad?!"

They both said at the same time looking at each other urgently. "Will, is that... you?" Fundy asked cautiously not sure what he was seeing was real.

"Hi, Fundy!"

What the fuck?

"Holy shit..." Fundy felt breathless and light. He had to be dreaming or something. Perhaps Quackity had drugged him or something because he knew that there was no way his father's ghost was floating over above him. He'd gone mad.

Fundy let go of his pole letting it be dragged away into the ocean by whatever force was pulling it. "Your pole! That's not how you fish." A voice said behind Fundy as he booked it off the dock.

"Where are you going?"

He ran faster.

He dodged trees and passed bushes through the forest until he made it to the stream that ran in front of Manburg. Just on the edge of the forest and bank of the stream was Wilbur Soot's grave.