To Be a Kid

((Art by SAD_istfied on Twitter))

Sam didn't know Tommy that well. He's heard of him of course, everyone knew Tommy, but had joined the SMP right before he was exiled so hadn't really had the chance to genuinely meet him.

He, however, did know Tubbo. He became quite close to the boy when working on destroying an entire ocean monument and learned quite a bit about Tommy from him.

In Tommy's time of exile, Tubbo tried not to mention him much. He seemed uncomfortable when he was brought up in a conversation and his eyes would always pool with guilt.

He mentioned him a few times from small talk over the progress of destroying the monument, learned he was loud, chaotic, irrational, incorporative. But Tubbo didn't forget to mention that Tommy was also loyal, the funniest person he knew, secretly overprotective, and had a good heart past his thick skull. After finally meeting him however it made perfect sense what Tubbo had got out.

Before meeting him though, it painted a weird image in Sam's head. He couldn't get himself to picture the strange mix into one being, but that just goes to show how interesting and complex humans were. Able to be so many things at once, able to feel so many things at once.

But Sam wasn't a doctor nor scientist, he built. He was a builder.

He built a prison.

A prison for Dream, used for Dream. A person he considered his business partner for months after constructing a building for him. He and Dream weren't close but he hadn't considered him not a friend.

They talked and laughed a few times but once the prison was complete they both went on to bigger and better things. Well, Sam would say that his were better things. He would Consider Dream's more of an injustice violation of human rights.

After hearing all of the horrible fucked up things Dream had been doing to everyone, especially Tommy, his perspective changed a lot on everything and everyone.

All the abuse, manipulation, lying, fighting, stealing Dream was doing all to one kid. He felt betrayed and pissed off. The prison felt like dirty work and he had half the mind to destroy it until the idea of keeping Dream in his own prison was thrown into the air.

He would consider Dream definitely not a friend now. More of a warden and prisoner, because that was what they were.

Dream was his prisoner and Sam was the prison warden.

Tommy was the visitor.

He saw how despite how obnoxious Tommy was during the visit to the prison he held himself securely and walked with caution as if Dream were to jump around every corner to finish him off.

He was just a kid trying to make himself laugh in a scary place and though Sam pitied him at the time he couldn't do anything for him there. The prison was a serious place, not one for comfort. Tommy shouldn't have been joking but Sam would let it slide just this once.

He was just a kid forced out of his childhood and thrown into being a soldier, and politician.

How much do you have to carry at such a young age?

He was just 16 years old.

He had witnessed the death of his mentally ill brother by his own father, and the brother that was alive was a famous anarchist that ended up destroying the nation he built. His life was fucked up and so was his family.