Flightless

((Inspiration by Casserole :D (video above)))

Hello, I have 5 half-written chapters that I have no motivation to finish.🤸‍♀️ I'm thinking about getting a co-writer to revise and work on more chapters with, so if any of yall interested, hit my line.

Philza and Mumza ~love story~ because I love them. Gets a little cheesy at parts ngl but I think it's sweet :)

Honestly did not proofread this, good luck.

<<WARNING>>

Kinda feels like reading a fan fiction about your parents in a way.

Also, death.

———

Sometimes he wondered if she still thought of him as he did her.

If she was waiting, thinking, missing him, or if she was drunk with anger and betrayal by his absence, or maybe he was already forgotten. Just another mortal she'd come across her everlasting lifetime. If he was but a simple speck she had already forgotten about in the ocean of death she saw everyday

God, how he wishes he could tell her what's taking so long. How he's stuck with two broken wings and 3 broken sons in the midst of wars and politics.

Phil promised himself he'd find a way back to her, even if meant spending the rest of his life begging for forgiveness or her reclaiming his life that she gifted him.

———

Phil was dying.

Years of hard work and dedication, gone with one stupid error.

He was, in the End, searching for ancient towers and massive flying ships that roamed the sky to raid. He had done it a million times and became familiar with the End just like all other realms he's conquered ventured through.

The End was still a dangerous wasteland nonetheless. Dry, windless, floating islands that the dangerous natives inhabited, but Phil had seen worst.

One stupid mistake.

An enderpearl that he forgot he had in his hand while he soaring through the pink-colored sky slipped through his fingers tips without him even realizing it.

All he knew was one moment he was gliding over floating islands and dodging Chorus trees, and then the next he was in the void suffocating.

One blink, one breath, is how fast it took.

He was choking in an ocean of darkness. His wings useless to him from the gravity of the void and his mind too confused and foggy to think about the golden apples in his inventory, like they'd be much help to him anyway.

The darkness was so severe he couldn't even see his extended hand reaching out for what he thought was up and his ears were filled with the swish of heavy drafts of wind.

And then

Silence

Peaceful silence.

His eyes fluttered open and he yawned as if he just had taken the best nap in his life instead of suffocating. He didn't remember falling asleep or where he was or what he was doing beforehand but that didn't matter.