Chapter Six

Rosa and I decide to have a girls day and we went ahead downtown to see things. I wear something simply, a pair of my favorite jeans with a Pink t-shirt and my black jacket that kept me warm since it was cold out today. I had Samantha come and take baby girl for this evening.

We arrived downtown and parked the car at the mall, we walked to the Alamo and just sat there in the park hanging out and just taking in the view of people walking around looking at the town.

"So what have you been doing?" she asked me.

"Nothing much at all but working," I told her.

"OMG you're totally lying!" she joyfully said.

"Really, girl," I replied. And in that moment my cell began to ring in my pocket. I quickly took it out but the person calling already hanged up. I unlocked the screen and noticed that it was an unknown caller. I didn't know who would be calling so I ignored it but than a text came in.

I don't know who it was so I replied, who's this?"

Then my cell pinged again and all it read was you know. So I replied once again who's this???? And once again my cell pinged and it readies nothing but a smiling face. So I didn't reply at all.

We decide to go for a walk back to the mall, as we started heading down the street, I noticed a strange man walking down the street; he had something on the side of him. I couldn't make out what he had but I had a bad feeling that something wrong was about to happen and then a man behind him raised a shotgun and shot other man just walking near him. Rosa looked at me cocking her eyebrows up and fright in her eyes.

"Let's go Rosa, we need to get out of here," I yelled out to her as other people began to panic all around us. The guy man looked at me and Rosa and pulled the the trigger once more, shooting a woman running next to us and all I heard was Rosa screaming out.

"LET'S GO," I yelled out at the top of my lungs. But once I turned too looked at Rosa once again she was gone, she was my friend, and she wouldn't just leave me standing alone, would she?

I looked up to see were the guy man was but once I looked my body went totally cold once I heard his voice, "Aren't you a lovely one?"

My eyes began to water, "Now, Now, you don't need to cry," said the guy man. As he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up over his right shoulder.

"Let me go," I yelled out, "Please someone help me!"

"Mindy," someone yelled out my name. I looked up and saw Ollie. I was never so happy to see him running through me and behind him was his driver and guard.

The guy man began to run and all I could do was pleaded with him to let me go, to just put me down but he wouldn't stop. I reached my arm out to Ollie pleading with him with my eyes to please save me.

"Let her go," Ollie yelled out. The moment you could hear the police and ambulance alarms coming to our area. Ollie and his guard catches up and stopped the guy man from running ahead.

"You have two minutes to put her down," he told the guy man.

He let me down from his shoulder, but never letting me go, he placed the gun to my head and gave an evil smile, "She could be dead in a second," he said.

"One," Ollie said, "Just let her go."

At that moment the guy man pulled the trigger, I heard the click and nothing happened.

"Two," Ollie said and then I felt the weight of the guy man fall behind me. I closed my eyes tight thinking that this was it, I was about to die.

"Sweet heart," a sweet voice said to me, "open your eyes." I slowly opened them and saw Ollie standing before me, I lend into him, wrapping my arms around his neck and cried. "Shhhh, its all okay. You're safe now."

"Please go get the car," he told him driver. He lifted me up into his arms and carried me to his limo. I had my bag and Rosa in my hand, I sat there for a moment without saying a word just lying across Ollie's legs. I didn't know where she was, my friend was gone.

"Rosa, did you see her," I asked him.

"No, I'm sorry Mindy but she was taken by the other guy men," he told me.

My heart dropped and I didn't know what to do, until her cell began to ring from inside her bag, I opened up and got her cell out. It was from an unknown caller. I didn't care who it was so I answered it, not asking a word.

"Hello my love," the voice said and I felt my body turn cold, "Come to Main Street, alone, I have your friend bring no one but yourself."

I throw the cell across the limo and yelled out, I know who he was and I know he would want me. I know that if I went in alone that I may not return, so I had to figure out something and see if Ollie would help me with this. I know that it wouldn't be easy at all, but I would have to tell him everything that is going on with me, but mostly my past.