Chapter Two

Chapter Two

            I never saw him write that note in the back of the card. I quickly slipped it into my jacket pocket then hitched a taxi so that I could head on home to my small little apartment. I got into the taxi and in no time at all I was home and I could hear my baby barking.

            This place is my little meaningful place because it's a part of me and I love it.  It has a beautiful little kitchen, quiet, safe area, just a 5 minute walk from a shopping area and restaurants, I have a small bathroom, just as comfortable for me and other but of course I'm not dating anyone at the moment, my living room and dining room are connected together and my kitchen was perfect just perfect.

            "Hey my baby." I said to her as she jumped on me. I've had her for two years now. I held her palms in my hands as a slowly dance with her for a moment. "Okay come on, let's go to bed, mommy is tired tonight."

            I made sure the door was locked, took off my jacket and throw it on the sofa and left a trail of clothes behind me as I went into my bedroom in which the bedroom was to the right of the room. I slipped into the shower and washed away the night.

            As I showered I laughed I could believe the he actually wrote that cocky note behind his business card, the hot water cascading down my body was completely fresh. I washed my body and then turned off the water once done. I wrapped myself in a pink towel covering up my curvy body. I walked back into my bedroom and over to the bed and sat there looking at my pale skin. My eyes are brown, my hair long and black and my body will big boobs and ass and alittle on the cubby side.

            I started to think of the old me the one that was afraid of everything in life, seeing the dull and seeing how my life colorless. I'm this way due to the man in my life. I quickly dismissed the thought of all of that and slipped into my night gown. Baby girl come over to me and jumped into bed, I lied down beside her and fall asleep.

            I must have been dreaming but I woke up due to the buzzing of my LG Flex which was on the side of my bed on the night table. I picked it up not noticing who was calling, "Hello," I answered totally groggily.

            "Good evening my dear," a painful voice said.

            "Why the hell are you fucking calling me," I said in totally face as I noticed the voice.

            "Sorry for waking you, my dear," he told me.

            I quickly jumped out of bed and raced over to the blinds looking at a dark figure standing outside of my apartment. I fall to the floor as he continued to talk to me.

            "Mindy, you really thought that moving would keep me away from you," he told me. I could feel my stomach starting to twist, "But of course you're still as beautiful as I remember the first time I've seen you."

            I couldn't breathe but I stood up and ran to the door, making sure he couldn't get in here.

            "O my dear, did you really think you could run from me. I've told you I would catch you no matter where you went."

            I quickly hanged up the phone and got baby girls leash and hooked it one her and quickly went out the door and down the stair until I was in the lobby. I looked around for him but didn't see him so I ran outside and saw a nice sports car parked out in front of the building.

            I rushed by the car and jumped when I heard the window being rolled down and I heard a man's voice, "Mindy." I turned and saw that it wasn't him but Ollie.

            "Omg, I'm so sorry that I've startled you," he said to me.

            "No, no it's all right," I said to him as baby girl started growling and barking at him. "Now baby girl stop, am sorry but why are you here?"

            "My friend lives here. He forgot his wallet in the car so I decide to bring it to him since he would be needing it tomorrow, I guess," he told me laughing a little.

            "O okay," I replied looking around to see if I would see him coming for me.

            "Sorry but are you okay, you seemed a little on edge, scared to death," he asked me and as he stepped out of his car and walked over to me, I noticed there was a figure coming up from behind him and it was him. I looked at Ollie and he quickly looked behind him but he was gone, just like that.

            I couldn't understand, I raised my hand and ran it thought my hair and totally sighed in relief.

            Ollie dark black eyes looked at me for a moment, his jaw was clenched together as he waited to know an answer to his question he asked me.

            "I truly am sorry but I don't even know you at all," I whispered.

            "Well I totally understand but I'm not stupid or blind Mindy, because if I was, I wouldn't be a billionaire at all. But I can tell that you're scared about something and that's not me coming here and running into you. Abby I won't hurt you."

            For some wired reason his words made me feel safe so I told him, "I'm truly not safe here anymore."

            "Why, may I ask?"

            "I'm just no safe at all okay, I don't have anywhere to go at the moment but I need to figure something out!" I plainly shouted at him.

            He looked at me for a moment and then ran his hand through his hair and without a word open the passenger side door for me to get into his car. I looked down at baby girl who was a German shepherd and her weight was about hundred and fifty pounds.

            "Don't worry about the seat but I'm sorry to say is there anywhere you could drop him off mostly since the place we're going won't let a dog that big in."

            "Yes, I can ask my friend Samantha, he lives nearby. He could probably watch her for a few days."

            "Alright, then get in."