Chapter One

Chapter One:

            It was a cold winter night, I was walking as the cold winter air hit my face, and I prepared myself for just other day for work. San Antonio has been home, but I've always dreamt of New York City, but I've only visited there. It's alright living here, I pulled my coat tighter around myself as I waved my hand trying to wave down a taxi.

            I work as a bartender in the heart of San Antonio at Coyote Saloon. It's not as bad as it sounds but it's a job. I've hated that I had to make tips even do it totally meant wearing high waisted shorts and this little blouses that sound more cleavage than I like showing but of course my shoes, I wore these black stilettoes even do it freezing cold here in Texas. Finally I hauled a taxi to stop in front of me in which send this gust of cold air up my coat.

            "Hello ma'am, where could I take you this evening?" the drive asked me.

            "To Coyote Saloon, please." I told him. He smiled at me, as I go in and closed the door and we drove off into town. I started to think about things that could be going to happen tonight, not even noticing that we could to a stop.

            "We've reached your destination, ma'am," he said to me slapping me out of my train of thought.

            "Thank you so very much," I told him handling him a twenty dollar bill. "Keep the change."

            "Thanks!"

            I quickly got out of the taxi, as my long red brown curly hair flew to my sides and I pulled my coat a little more tightly again, "O God, other day of hell in this place." I mumbled to myself as I walked into the club.

                        There's hundreds of sweaty bodies grinding and rubbing against one other as I'm trying to move through the crowd. I quickly got to the bar and went to the other side taking off my coat and putting it under the bar.

            "I'm glad to see you, Mindy," Samantha told me. In which she was a he and his really name was Samuel but I loved him for who he was even as a gay sexy man. "Woo girl now you know booty is hanging out of those shorts. You're so going to give someone here a heart attack."

            I rolled my eyes at him as he put on his little pink jacket and yelled out to, "I'm so out of here."

            I smiled at him as he took off and I began to wipe the top of the bar, "I'll see you tomorrow."

            She waved as she disappeared into the crowd of people. I looked around for a moment and notice that it was going to be one of those night, a very long one. "Alright, who needs a drink," I yelled out into the crowd.

            A tall man come over to me, "Yeah can I get a beer, please."