Temporary Life (Chapter 9)

Sorry it took so long, been busy. I could also probably use an editor. Let me know if you're interested.

Sitting at the desk of the dealers office, Tucker with looking over some paperwork.

"What are you going to be using as a down payment?" The dealer spoke to Tucker with his head down, looking at his own paper work.

"Just the five grand. Cash. We will be making payments in cash also." Tucker spoke softly, I couldn't help but to smile at him. He looked so cute when he concentrated. The dealer nodded. Tucker leaned over to whisper to me.

"I want to put it in my name, so he can't find you. If we ever split I'll sign it over to you, OK?" I nodded. He gave me a small smile and I tried to return it, but I'm sure it came out looking awkward.

The paper work took forever, and I was starting get restless. The more time we wasted, the more time I had to be away from Norah. I finally got up to walk around I needed to think. I had to come up with a plan to catch this guy. I considered letting him get me, searching him out, setting a trap, but I couldn't think past what the plan was. What was I going to do once the plan was in action? What if something went wrong? I started rubbing my temple. This whole situation was giving me a headache. Tucker walked over to me and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me to my feet, holding my hand we walked out of the dealership office and back toward the car we had just purchased. Tucker walked me to the car and the dealer handed me the keys.

"I need you to follow me to my house. Drive this, and I'll drive my car. Be aware of whos around you and flash your hazards if you need me." He pushed a button on the dash to show me where the hazard lights were. I nodded at him and started the car. Tucker closed my door and I started the car. Turning the air conditioner on and checking out the car while Tucker talked to the dealer. I rolled down my window when I noticed the dealer walking back into the building and Tucker walking to my door. He leaned in the car and kissed me, I could feel his worry in the kiss, and to be honest it worried me slightly.

"Ready?" He asked, I nodded. Tucker got back into his car and started pulling away. I backed out of the space that the Acadia was parked in and followed Tucker. The drive was a quiet one, his house was about twenty minutes away from the dealership, on the other side of town. I turned on the radio hoping to lighten my mood, but even the music didn't help me much.

When I pulled into Tucker's apartment complex I pulled in next to where Tucker parked. He got out of his car and walked over to my door.

"Park over there, Just in case that guy knows my car too." I backed out of my parking spot and into the space opposite it. I shut off the car and got out, Tucker was getting my things out of his car and hauling them up some stairs and through a door. I followed him and entered an immaculate looking home. Tucker must have noticed I was in shock because he started explaining.

"I hate messes, but I'm never home long enough to make one. I put your bags in the bedroom and there is a bathroom attached to the room. You should probably start getting ready to go to work, its three thirty, we need to leave in a half an hour. Is that enough time?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just need a shower." I started walking back to the bedroom that Tucker had pointed out and walked through the door way.  and looked around for the bathroom. I opened the closet door to find it was a walk in closet, and all the clothes in there were hung nicely, and almost color coordinated. I saw a light on at the end of the closet and started walking toward the door that was open only a crack. Pushing it open I saw a bathroom that looked like it had just been built everything in it was spotless and didn't have as much as a scratch on it. I started the shower and pulled my clothes off, and got in.

When I got out Tucker was laying on the bed. I opened my bag that had all my clothes in it and sifted through tthem, pulling out some random sweat pants and my black shirt with all the necklaces. I brushed my hair and left it to air dry.

"Are you ready?" I asked Tucker.

"Yep." He responded. We walked to the door and went to the parking lot.

"Do you want to drive?" I asked Tucker.  He nodded and I handed him the keys, walking over to the passenger side to get in.

When we got to the club I waited for Tucker to open my door before I got out. I wanted to make sure no one would be able to attack me. Tucker opened the trunk and pulled out a car cover, I helped him cover the car. We went in through the back door and Tucker walked me to my dressing room.

"Wanna come in?" I asked him. I didn't know who had been in my dressing room, I would have felt safer if he came in with me. I went in the room and turned on the lights. Tucker followed me in. I walked over to my closet and opened it looking at my selection for the night.

"Wanna pick my outfit?" I glanced back at him, he walked over to my closet and started looking through the clothes. I sat down at my mirror and started picking my makeup out. I applied my foundation first, then ran my black eye liner around my eyes, I circled some blush on my cheeks, and put my pink sparkly eyeshadow on my lids.  I put the mascara on last, because it would take the longest, I put on layer after layer after layer. I felt someone tap my shoulder, and I turned around to see Tucker holding an outfit. He handed me Some cut off jean shorts that showed my butt and a long sleeve pink shirt that came to an end just below my breasts.  I pulled my now dry hair up in a high pony tail.

"If I show you how, will you curl my hair?" I asked Tucker, and he nodded. I turned my curling iron on and sprayed my hair with my spray bottle of water until it was really wet. I squirted some hair gel and mouse in my hand and spread it around, putting it in my pony tail. I grabbed the curling iron and looked at Tucker to make sure he was paying attention. When I was sure he was, I took the curiling iron to a strand of my hair in the pony tail that was about two of my fingers wide. Placing it in the curling iron I wrapped it around the rod and sprayed hair spray on it. I counted to ten really slow and then unwrapped the hair from around the rod, and handed it to Tucker along with the hair spray.

Once he had finished my hair I put down the book I was reading and looked in the mirror, I looked amazing. I sprayed my head with hair spray one more time to make sure it all held for the next couple hours. I turned to Tucker.

"It looks amazing Tuck, I love it. You did really good." He smiled in his pleased way. I pulled out a pair of hoop earrings, and put them in. I also put my lip ring in my lower left lip my eyebrow ring in my left eye brow my nose ring in the right side of my nose, and a belly ring in my belly. I had several piercings, but I usually took the rings out when I was performing unless they went with my outfit. I turned around to face Tucker and he nodded in agreement that I looked great.

I walked out of my dressing room with Tucker on my heels. I walked up to the bar to talk to Zach who was working as bartender tonight.

"What's going on tonight Zach?" I asked, he looked up at me.

"Are you OK Scar?" He had a hint of worry in his eye.

"Fine, Norah is safe. What am I doing tonight?" He poured Tucker his normal Jack and Coke, with only a half shot in it, which Tucker took from him gratefully.

"You're on in twenty minutes, and you're performing four times tonight. Thought you might need the money." He half smiled at me. I nodded.

"You're also doing privates tonight. That should bring you quite a bit of cash." He nodded and then turned back to make some more drinks.

I turned to Tucker and asked him if i could have a drink of his Jack and Coke, which he immediately handed over to me. I took a huge drink and handed it back to him. I walked out to the smoking porch, trying to kill time. There were a few girls out there, I didn't recognise any of them except Surah. She had multicolored hair, and was about five foot seven with eight inch heels on. She had lots of piercings and seemed like a wild child to me.

"Hey Scar. What is going on? Zach told me what happened, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm staying with Tucker." She handed me her cigarette, I took one drag then handed it back. I hardly ever smoked, but when I did it was just a drag or two. Surah and I talked and shared cigarettes until Zach came out to tell me I had five minutes till show time. I took one last drag of the cigarette and handed it back to Surah thanking her for talking to me. I went back into the club to find that it was insanely busy. It would be a good night tonight.