Max Verstappen - Do you love me?

"What are you going to do tonight?" Max asked you. "I'm not sure, maybe work a little or watch a movie. Y/f/n cancelled on me so I'm alone tonight." "I can cancel Daniel too, if you want." "No of course not, it's your monthly evening with Dan. Don't cancel him for me." "Are u sure?" Max asked once again. He didn't mind to spend the night with his beautiful girlfriend. "Yes, I am sure. Don't worry about me." "Okay, I love you." He pressed his lips against yours, knowing that you would be alone tonight drove Max crazy. He wanted to cancel Daniel more every second when he thought of all those things he could do to you. Max thought about something else for dinner, instead of steak. "Bye baby, say hi to Daniel from me." You said to him and kissed him one more time before Max went out for dinner.

Max and Daniel met for dinner once a month, just to catch up. Although they weren't teammates anymore, they were still very good friends and spoke each other frequently. "Spill it, what is bothering you?" Daniel asked Max, he could read Max very well and his bodylanguage showed a lot of signs that something was bothering him. "Y/n never says I love you back when I say it to her and I say it a lot because I really love here." Max complained to Daniel. "Is it so important to you? To hear those words? I mean you have been together for almost three years now, if she didn't love you she wouldn't be with you anymore. Believe me, you are not the most easiest person on earth." Daniel joked, clearly satisfied with his answer. "What has that to do with this?" Daniel rolled his eyes. "What I mean Max, she is always around you. She never missed a race, only if she had an important appointment and even then she tries to reschedule it. She does everything for you, she cleans, she cooks, she does your laundry. She never asks you to do something, maybe that's her way of showing that she loves you." Max didn't like the idea of Daniel being right, but he had to admit it that he could be right. "Yeah, maybe you're right." "I know, I am Mr always right." Max didn't like the grin on Daniel's face so he slapped him on his upper arm. "Did you ever ask y/n why she doesn't say I love you?" "No, I did not." "Well, maybe you have to start there." Daniel gave him a playful wink.

The rest of the evening was full of discussions about the season so far and what they were going to expect from the next race. Your name wasn't mentioned by neither of them the rest of the evening. Max was thinking about Daniel's words, he was in between a fight of his own thoughts. Is he going to confront you? Or are the things you do your way of showing his love towards him? Max hadn't decided when he left the restaurant.

By the time Max got home you were still reading at the dining table. You had been sitting there the whole evening. First to reply to some emails, you got some work done so you had to do less tomorrow. Then you watched a film and after that you decided to read a book. Your book was so compelling, you didn't even noticed that Max got home. He shouted your name but you didn't reply, maybe you were sleeping already he thought. When he got in the kitchen and saw you sitting at the table his heart jumped a little, he was so happy to call you his girlfriend. He wrapped his arms around you which gave you nearly a heart attack. "Fuck Max, please don't ever scare me like that." You said, trying to lower your heart beat by breathing slowly in and out. "I called your name, but you didn't respond so I thought you were sleeping already." "You know I can't sleep without you when I know you're coming home." You pressed your lips against his and wrapped your arms around him.

After you cleaned up the kitchen and the living room you both decided to go to bed. You changed yourself into pj's and got in bed. Max wrapped his arms around you and pressed his lips agains your neck. "Goodnight baby." You said. "Goodnight babe." Max said back.

"Y/n." "Hmm." You made a buzzing sound. "Are you still awake?" You opened one eye. "I am now." You said with a raspy voice. "Oh, well never mind." You untangled yourself from Max his arms and faced him. "What is up, why are you still awake when it's already 2.30 am." He turned to his back and sighed deep. "I had this conversation with Daniel today, about us. Something I think a lot about lately." You put on a little light on the nightstand and got up, he sounded serious. "Do you wanna talk about it?" You asked and stroked his hair. "Yeah, actually I want. Come here." You laid your head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, it was a nice feeling. Max was quiet for a few minutes, but you knew when he wanted to talk about something serious that he needed some time think about what he was going to say.

It was completely silence, the only thing you heard was the heartbeat of your boyfriend. "Do you love me?" He asked out of nowhere. To admit you were a little shocked by his question. You sat right up and looked him in the eyes. "Do I give you the feeling that I don't?" You asked him back, without answering his question. "When I say I love you, you never say it back." You never knew this was bothering him so much. He blinked a few times, a little tear escaped from the corner of his eyes. You stroke your thumb over his cheek. "Of course I love you, you're the most important person in the world to me." You gave him a little kiss on the lips.

You knew why you never said I love you to Max but he didn't know the reason, it was time to tell him. "As you know my last relationship was toxic and you saved me from drowning, so I owe you the truth. You know that the first months of my relationship with Jacob were normal, but when he lost his job he got abusive. By the time we met it was going on for about two months already. At first he would just punch me or let me trip but later he said it was my fault for his behaviour because I was cheating on him with you. I told him we were just friends but he didn't believe me. He kept hitting me until I said I love you to him, in the beginning it was easy because I did love him but every new day a bit of my heart turned against him. So I lost my faith in the words I love you, but I really do love you Max. I will try to say it more to you, but every time I wanted to say it to you the words stung in my throat and it felt like I got hit again. I am so sorry that I gave you the feeling of not loving you and that I wasn't be honest with you." You said sobbing, Max was crying too. It was kind of weird - but a good kind of weird - to see Max crying. You didn't see this side often of him. You kissed him on his lips, tasting salt from his tears. "I am so sorry to hear that y/n, I didn't know it was that bad. If I knew I wouldn't have bring it up." "You don't have to say sorry, it was time to tell you the whole truth." You said. You hugged each other tight, you never wanted to let this man go.

It was quite for a moment. "Was there something else you wanted to talk about?" You asked. Max shook his head. "No, it's time to sleep now." Max said. "Yeah, I agree." You said and yawned.

Max and you met by accident through mutual friends at a party. The moment he asked for your number you told him you had a boyfriend, Max being himself didn't care but still wanted to be friends with you. After awhile you grew closer to each other and started to hang out together, without other people. He sometimes mentioned the bruises he saw on your arms or legs but you told him you were clumsy. Max never believed you, but he didn't pushed you to tell the truth.

On a autumn evening Jacob went too far and hit you so hard on your head that you almost got knocked out. You could drag yourself to the bathroom and locked the door. You called Max and after the first beep he picked up his phone, when you said nothing back he knew enough. He drove to Jacob's place - you had told him where the spare key was - and he got in to the house very quite and careful. He got anxious when he couldn't find you, so he called your phone. He heard the familiar tone of ducks quaking coming from the bathroom but the door was locked. He broke the door in three pieces by hitting it multiple times with his foot and found you bleeding on the ground. He lifted you up and drove you to the hospital. You needed twelve stitches for the cut on your head, you had a concussion and your wrist was broken. From the moment that Max had saved you, you had been living with him.

While you were friends you discovered some feelings for him, but you were never brave enough to break up with Jacob. After a year and a half of living with Max and being friends you made the first move to kiss him. You knew Max liked you already because he had told you before but he wanted to take things slow with you so you could recover well. This all together happened almost five years ago.

"Max?" He didn't response. After your talk you couldn't sleep, you were thinking about your feelings for Max. You were relieved that you finally told Max the whole truth. "Max, I want you to know that I love you. I love you very much." You thought he was sleeping but he rolled over to you and pressed you tightly agains his chest. "I know, I love you very much too." With a grin on your face you fell asleep.