Liam Lawson - Rage room

Today was a hard day, a very hard day. You just buried your best friend who passed away last week, but it wasn't only that. Today was also the day that marked two years of your mom being an angel. You missed them both very much.

With the music blaring loudly through your car you drove through the city.You wiped the tears from your cheeks, a bit senseless since they kept falling down your eyes. You were a bit speeding but at this moment you didn't really care. You didn't care about anything at all.

You were not really paying any attention to your surroundings so when someone stepped on the pedestrian crossing you had to break very hard. So hard that you almost lost control of the car. Fuck. As fast as you could you climbed out the car. "I am sorry, I am so sorry. Are you okay? Did I hit you?" You couldn't use this right now. "No I am okay, you just braked in time." The guy you almost hit said relieved to you. "Fuck fuck fuck." You kicked the tire a few times and slammed your hood. "Hey, I said I am fine." The stranger grabbed your hands and tried to calm you down. "I shouldn't be driving." You whispered to yourself and started to cry again. You got in your car and got your bag out of , ready to walk the rest of the way to your apartment. "Have you been drinking?" The guy asked carefully. "No, I would never." "Then why can't you drive?" "Look at me, I am an emotional mess, I almost ran you over. It's not safe for me to drive right now, I will just walk the rest of the way home." You locked your car and started walking away from the place you almost robbed someone from his life.

At a quick pace you walked to your house, not that there was anyone waiting for you at home but you just wanted to lay in your bed and cry yourself to sleep. "Hey, wait up." You heard someone shouting, you turned around and saw the guy- who you almost ran over- running towards you. "Again, I am very sorry that I almost killed you. If we need to arrange something with insurance I will give you my number but I am not in the mood to deal with that right now." You handed him a card with your number on it which he surprisingly took. "That was not the reason why I went after you. You look really upset and although you are walking home I don't want to read the papers tomorrow and find out that someone was killed in an accident in this neighbourhood." You shivered when he mentioned the words killed and accident. "So what are you going to do? Stay with me here until I am not crying anymore?" "Well that's an option but I was thinking about walking you home." You we're getting emotional again but this time it was because he was so sweet. "I am Liam by the way." He offered his hand to shake. "Y/n." "What way are we going?" You smiled softly, you didn't even agree with him walking you home. You pointed with your finger in the right direction and without saying anything else you walked next to each other in silence.

"My first thought was to kick your car." "What?" You snapped out of your thoughts. "When you almost hit me, I wanted to kick your car but then I saw how shocked and upset you were that I was more worried about you than about myself." Liam admitted. You didn't know what to say, so you stayed silent. "Do you want to talk about what upset you?" "Liam, I understand that you are trying to be nice, but can you stop talking?!" You snapped at him. Liam blinked a few times, this wasn't something he expected. "Shit, I am sorry for being a bitch. You don't deserve this, Liam. It's just the worse day out of my life and I don't feel like talking about it now." He squeezed your shoulder gently and stayed silent.

A few minutes went by and you were still walking, you kind of misjudged the distance between your parked car and your home. "Wait a second, I just need to go inside here for a second." Before you could say something Liam went inside a building and after two minutes he came back. "Come inside, they have a room left." "Liam, I really don't feel like doing something right now." "Y/n, I don't know what happened that made this the worst day out of your life but I can promise that after this activity you will feel at least a bit better." You rolled your eyes, what on earth could possibly make your day better?

You really just wanted to go home but he was trying his best and offering up his free time to a complete stranger. You grabbed his outstretched hand and he took you inside. Although you had lived for over six years in this city, you had never been here before. "Here." Liam handed you protection goggles, a headphone and a bat. Just now everything fell into place, you were in a rage room. "Take all the time you need." Was the only thing he said before he gently pushed you into the room and locked the door from the outside.

The music they played through the headphone was some kind of heavy metal, an anger feeling was building up inside of you. At first you were a bit hesitant but after a few seconds you went full in. You were hitting everything that was around you. Plates, mirrors, tv screens, glasses, cabinets and even a washing machine was not safe for your rage. You yelled things like: "Why did you had to die?" "I miss you mom." "I should have died too." "I miss you y/b/n." and some other things Liam couldn't hear right. 

After a few minutes you couldn't see a thing because of all the tears. You let yourself sink against the wall and screamed. You felt too many emotions right now. You hugged your knees and started to ugly cry.

Liam unlocked the door and ran towards you. He kneeled down next to you, wrapped his arms around you and pulled you towards his chest. "Y/n, I am so sorry that I pushed you." He mumbled against your hair. He had to try is absolute best  not to cry, he felt so sorry for you. He didn't exactly know what happened but it looked like you lost two important people in a short time. You clamped your hands around his arms and tried to be closer to him. He kissed the top of your head and you cried even harder. This was the first time you could finally let it all out. Of course you had cried multiple times before but that felt different, this was that really loud ugly cry.

You didn't know how long you sat there together but when you felt like it was enough you loosened  your grip around his arms. You were shocked when you saw the marks on his arms. "Shit Liam, I am so sorry." You touched his skin. "Don't worry about it, y/n. It will heel again." He offered you his hand and stood up. Like nothing had happened you left the room and said goodbye to the owners. You led the way again and after a few minutes Liam grabbed your hand. You looked at it but it felt good now to connect with someone without speaking.

When you reached your house, you didn't know what to say. "Liam, I am so sorry for almost running you over but I am also not very sorry because otherwise I would still have that anger inside me. I don't know how to thank you but thank you, for everything." You grabbed some money out of your purse. "Please, put that back. Despite I still don't know what upset you this much I have an idea what happened and I am so sorry for your lost y/n. I hope things will get easier for you sooner or later." Liam said with tears in his eyes. He gave you a very tight hug. "I am sorry for hurting you." You mumbled against his chest. He looked at his arm and shrugged his shoulder.

"Can I text you in a few days to ask how you are doing?" Liam asked carefully. You nodded your head. "Yes, yes please." You answered. You gave him your number and one last hug goodbye and disappeared into your house.