Chapter 14: New Competition

I rolled into the parking lot of Shoppers, daydreaming about Bronson and his stupid grin. He thinks he's so handsome and charming. I mean he's not wrong, but damn.

I hopped out of my truck and walked into the back entrance. The large fan above me sounded off as I inhaled a deep breathe of must and hay. The only pure country scent you need in your life.

Walking up to the small register near the back of the shop I mindlessly looked around. I took in the endless stacks of pellet bags to the right of me and the small stacks of hay lining the back of the wall. The rest of the building stretched far and I couldn't quite make out where exactly it ended.

I turned to the perky blonde at the register to pick up the rest of our order.

She quickly typed in the name I'd given her and brought the rest of our order up. She pulled the receipt from the printer and handed it to me so I knew what to snag.

I tinkled around the shop with a flatbed cart and grabbed a couple Purina pellet bags, and a ton of hay bales. So much so I needed to ask the employee to help me make two trips. I waved to the blonde to say one last goodbye and walked back out to my truck.

As I was loading our new Purina bags into the beg of my truck, I saw a tall figure from the corner of my eye. I threw the bag I was holding onto the bed and glanced to the right to see who it was.

Well I'll be damned, I smugly thought.

Dario Colbet came strutting over to the back entrance located behind me. He wore a black Stetson cowboy hat to match his black hair. He was also to my dismay, accompanied by slim female dressed in fancy jeans, a grey top, and sparkling spurs. She had dark brown hair in a pristine side braid with not a hair out of place. From what I could tell with the lack of a smile in her face, she had a serious disposition.

Some idiotic part of me assumed Dario would recognize me, but instead kept on walking past. My mouth gaped open as I was left there staring at the door that they'd just casually walked through.

"Oh come on," I muttered out loud. Angrily snatching the first of many hay bales I had to load, my temper started to heat up again.

How dare he just walks by and acts like he doesn't even recognize me?! I let the bale fly onto the bed before grabbing the next one.

As if he hasn't been flirting with me this whole week of school. I hauled up another bale.

"Who does he think he is," I quietly spat and leaned down again.

"Arizona?"

Looking up I saw the ass himself standing there with a new nylon rope in his hand.

Making my face turn to look bored, I nodded at him, "That's me."

"I- I totally didn't even recognize you," his shocked expression said everything, "When'd you get all country?"

I froze. Are you shittin' me right now. Of course he didn't recognize me. I'm gettin real tired of this outfit changing shit. Mental note- never try to fit in again.

Willing a slick expression onto my face I changed the subject, "The day I was born, now put yourself to use and help load these cowboy."

"Yes ma'am," he smirked and licked his plump lips. He slung his rope up his shoulder and leaned down to grab a bale.

"So who's that girl you with?" I tired to ask as casually as possible, knowing damn well as soon as I'd said it Dario would delight in it.