Chapter 13

**11 years later**

(Scarlett now 15)

Ross P.O.V

I sat on my lap top waiting for Scarlett to get home. Then came a loud slam.

She was home.

"Scarlett?" I ask. I heard an angry 'arg' as if she had been in a fight. I look over at the door and saw her walk past. She did not look happy.

I listened as she stormed upstairs and slam her bedroom door.

"Some ones grumpy." I mumble as I stand up and walk upstairs. I knock on her door. "Scarlett?" I ask.

"Go away!" She yelled. I sigh. "Teenagers." I mutter. I open the door. "Dad I said go away!" Scarlett yelled. I roll my eyes and walk in. She stood in the center of her room with her arms crossed.

"You okay?" I ask. Her eyes were watery and she shook her head. "Darren cheated on me." She whispered. I sigh. Darren was this dark haired boy my baby girl had fallen for. He asked her out and then he done this.

"Cheated on you? With who?" I ask as she sat on her bed. She wiped her eyes as I sat next to her. "With the new girl Cassie. I was walking to French class and found them snogging in the ally." She whimpered. I pull her into a hug. I hated to see my daughter like this.

"I have an idea." I told her. She looked up and I dried her tears. "Go call Rosie and go out with her for a while. Then come back and I'll call Trott and Smith over and we'll play some GTA and watch some movies with some bites to eat." I say with a smile. She smiles and nods. "Okay daddy." She said hugging me.

Scarlett P.O.V

After I had called Rosie a prepared to leave for the park. We usually met up here so I was looking forward to it.

"Be back by 8!" Dad called as I ran out the house. It was a Friday so I had all weekend free. I skip down to the park and find Rosie. "Hey. I heard about Darren." She said hugging me sympathetically. I smile and hug her back.

"It's okay. He was a dick anyway." I giggle.

After a quick trip to the corner shop we sat on the swings and ate our way through two ice creams each. A can of energy drink each, a bag of crisps each and 3 bars of chocolate between us. (Me and my friend do this all the time XD)

"Your gonna get killed if your dad find out about this." Rosie said as she finished her second can of energy drink. "Nah who gives a shit. He can't ban me from anything like the WiFi because he's always on it. And he just forgets if I do anything bad anyway." I say as I eat my last bit of chocolate.

It was true. Although dad still made his videos. The channel now having over 3 million subscribers. If I was ever grounded for whatever reason he would forget the next day.

Yay me!

We chatted till 20 to 8. Till it began to get dark. That's when we packed up and went our separate ways. I was walking the streets. Stepping over cracks and lines in the pavement. Singing softly to myself.

"Hello." A drunk voice slurred. I look up and turn around, looking at a tall man in his 30's. He stunk of alcohol. I try my best not to gag. "Um. Good evening. I must be on my way home. I'll get grounded if I don't." I say as I look around for someone. No one. He grabs my wrist.

"I'm sure it will be okay for your a little late." He growled. My eyes widen and I pull out of his grip. Feeling very much scared. "Uh no. I have to go. Homework to do and chores to he done." I say making any excuse as I back away.

His eyes narrowed and he walked towards me. "A young vulnerable girl such as yourself shouldn't be out all alone on a night like this." He grumbled.

"E-exactly. Hence the 'I'm going home' part." I mutter sarcastically. Then he lunged at me. Grabbing my left wrist with more force. I scream and try to pull away but his grip is like iron.

"Your not getting away this time." He slurred. I scream even louder and try to pull away again.

"Let her go!" A woman's voice yelled. I look behind me to see a woman running towards me. The man's grips weakens and I pull away. Running behind the lady.

"Shit." The man cursed as he ran away. Tears fell down my cheeks. If this woman wouldn't have been here I could have been raped and killed. I begin to shake and sobs racked my body.

The kind lady gave me a hug and took me to a coffee shop.

"Are you okay?" She asked as the waiter walked away. I nod and wrap my hands around my hot chocolate. "Just shaken." I reply. "What's your name?" She asked. I look up at her. She had long light brown hair and Hazel eyes. Along with a kind face.

"Scarlett. Scarlett Hornby." I tell her. She drops the spoon she was mixing her coffee with.

"Scarlett Hornby?" She asked shakily. Her voice breaking. I nod slowly. "Yeah. I love with my dad." I say as I stir my drink. "Is he.. is he called Ross Hornby?" She questioned. I stop stirring and stare at her.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I ask. Maybe she was a fan. Her hazle eyes became watery and she smiled a teary smile. She reached over and took both my hands. "Scarlett it's me." She whispered. I blink. "Who?" I ask. She squeezes my hand.

"Your mother."

A/N

Aaaand I'm back!!

Yup. My main story is completed so more updates!! Yay!

Some wanted the mothers explanation so yeah....your gonna get it.

PAH