Chapter 14

Scarlett P.O.V

My mother.

She can't be.

I was left on my dad's doorstep at a few weeks old.

I stare are the kind lady. "M-my mother?" I manage to choke out. Pulling my hands from hers.

She nodded. "Yes. Scarlett. You probably won't remember me but-!"

"I have to call my dad." I cut her off as I pull our my phone and run to he toilets. The phone rung three times before he picked up.

(S= Scarlett R= Ross)

R: Scarlett?! You should have been home an hour ago!?

S: I know! I know. But I ran into some trouble and i need you at Costa Coffee now.....

R: is something up?

S: no. Yes. Maybe. Just get down here quick. It's important.

R: Fine. I'll be there in five.

S: okay. Bye daddy. Love you.

R: love you to.

Then he put the phone down. I pulled the phone away from my ear and locked it. Slipping it into my pocket.

"My mother?" I ask myself as I walk out and back to the table.

"Are you okay?" The woman asked. Heck. I didn't even know her name. I nod and sip at my hot chocolate.

After a few minutes the door opened and my dad ran In. "Scarlett." He yelped as he ran over and hugged me.

My so called mother jumped at the sight of my dad.

"Are you alright? Your not hurt are you?" Dad asked looking me in the eye. I nod. "F-fine. But there's someone you need to meet." I say as I point at the woman.

She smiled weakly. "Hello. My name is Jessica Parkson. And I'm Scarlett's mother."

What a way to break it to him!

Ross P.O.V

She did not just say that.

She had to be kidding.

I look at Scarlett who shrugs. I turn to Jessica. " If you are her mother you have a lot of explaining to do." I growl.

The hazle eyed woman nodded. "I know. I owe you both an apology." She said. "Won't you sit down?" She asked gesturing to the seats. Scarlett sat down in an instant but I was more hesitant.

She sighed and looked at Scarlett. "I'm sorry I left you. I didn't want to leave you alone on a doorstep. I just couldn't afford to keep you and my family swore to kick me out if I didn't hand you over to someone." Scarlett nodded. As if she understood.

Jessica looked at me. "Please forgive me. I wouldn't have given her up if I didn't need to. I'm just glad I could remember you the best I could so I could give her to someone she was related to. I won have felt terribly guilty if I had handed her over to some stranger."

Scarlett stood up suddenly. "So you felt okay when you left me on the doorstep!? That didn't make you feel guilty!?." She growled. "Scarlett calm down. Let her finish." I say putting my hand on her arm. I glances side ways at me before slumping back into her chair. "Fine." She muttered.

I sigh and look at Jess. "Continue." She nods.

"I did feel terrible but I knew you would be better off with out me. My father died a few years later and my mother just disowned me all together." She sighed.

Scarlett looked a little guilty for her out burst but still seemed boiled.

"Can't we please start over. I want to be a part of your life." Jessica begged. Her hazle eyes filling with tears.

Scarlett stood up. I thought she was going to walk out but surprised me when she hugged her. Jess hugged her back and I heard Scarlett whisper.

"It's all I could ever want."

I smile. And they pull out of the hug. Jess holding Scarlett's face in her hand. Peppering it with soft kisses. Scar giggled her blue eyes sparking with a new light.