Chapter 8 - Mr. Stark Please

Tony's POV

"Alright."

Something about the way he said those words was just sickening. His tone of voice, the way his crooked teeth twisted into a smile so evil that the evil Loki himself would cower, even the nearly undetectable glint of mischief in his eye that I was only able to recognize because of years of hanging out with the mischievous Clint Barton.

Douglas turned the camera around, and I was suddenly met with a bloodied and beaten version of Peter.

"Oh my G-" my voice faltered. I had spoken out of shock, and my voice barely came out as a whisper. He looked awful. He looked like he had been whipped dozens of times, there were cuts littering his body, and he looked starved. 

That wasn't the only thing that bothered me though. There was something so odd and concerning about how Peter was sitting and acting. He wasn't looking at someone or even something. He was just sitting there, his eyes foggy. It was clear that he wouldn't look anywhere near Douglas or the camera. 

The position he was sitting in had such a submissive vibe to it. Peter never sat like that. It looked like he was scared to move. He also wasn't talking, which was understandable, but odd. Peter was normally an overexcited chatter box. 

"What did they do to you?" I asked quietly. It was barely audible. I doubted Douglas was able to hear it, because I barely heard it.

"Petey?" Douglas asked mockingly. That nickname made my blood boil. I had never been more mad in my life. I always called him that. It kind of annoyed him, but it was in a playful way. Now there was no doubt he would never be able to be called that ever again.

"Petey? Why don't you say hi to daddy huh?" It took everything I had not to hurl the phone across the room and scream at the top of my lungs. I wanted to cry. I wanted to kill this evil evil man who called himself Douglas. Ugh. Thor vibes.

I saw Peter look up hesitantly and look at the camera. I could tell he still wasn't looking at Douglas, but it looked like looking just at the phone was hard enough for him.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I saw Peter's face radiate immense amounts of guilt and regret.

It bothered me how quiet he has been the entire time. I didn't hear a single noise. It wasn't just like he was afraid to talk, but more like he was scared to move. To do anything.

"Look at me Petey." Douglas said.

I noticed how Peter immediately tensed up. For some reason, he didn't obey. It was the last thing I had expected. I had thought that with everything that I assumed was happening there, he would obey Douglas's every command immediately.

Douglas set the camera down on what I assumed was a small table. Then he walked over to where Peter was sitting, his face now filled with only small traced of fear and panic. 

Douglas walked up right in front of Peter, and slapped him hard across the cheek. I had to stifle a cry and I noticed he didn't turn his head back to where it was just moments earlier. He just left it where the slap had launched it to. (I didn't really know how else to explain it... Sorry)

"LOOK AT ME!!!" Douglas screamed. 

When I found that man, I was going to kill him.

Peter's POV

"LOOK AT ME!!!" Douglas screamed. I didn't know what to do... If I obeyed, I didn't know whether or not he would punish me for breaking a rule... Then again, he had told me to. The only thing I knew was that he would punish me more if I ignored him. Hesitantly, I looked up at him.