A Price Paid Willingly

Where Dream gets Dreamon into his body in order to be revived because he was murdered in the Town that Went Mad

ok this one was terrible i wrote this in like a day without editing. 3100 words. Written: February 1, 2021.

"Cornelius!" Cattt shouted, terror lacing his voice. His head peered over Cornelius's cold body, his hands shaking as he checked his brother's pulse. Null, there was none, as a crude iron knife had speared through Cornelius's neck.

Cornelius stared at Cattt in confusion, "Cattt! What are you shouting about?"

He then realized that his body was grey- no- he couldn't have died! Cornelius looked down, to see himself sitting inside his own dead body, and Cattt's shaking hands hovering over his neck. There, a knife had impaled him through the neck.

Black blotches overtook Cornelius's vision until... a figure appeared. It wore a mottled green cloak, no, it was the same outfit he always wore, except in place of his face, was darkness. It neared him, then a voice echoed, "Hello."

"Hello?" Cornelius spoke testily.

"Hi! I'm here to offer you a deal," it spoke.

To the point. Two can play a game. "What deal?"

"I can revive you-"

Cornelius cut in, "At what cost?" There was always a cost.

"I'll revive you, make you stronger, but I will... be a part of your mind."

"Who, and what are you?!" He didn't like the cost at all.

"I'm... Dreamon."

Cornelius flinched backwards, "D-Dreamon!?"

Flash fowards

Dream was standing on a dirt pillar, in a deep blue lapiz lazuli altar. Words floated up to him from the two exorcists below him, tugging Dreamon away from his own mind.

"I am one," he repeated, echoing the ritual words nervously, "a soul, a higher power..."

Dream was worried that Dreamon didn't give a fight at all; he didn't even try to control his body to leave the exorcists! Why would Dreamon *want* to separate from his host?

Dream shrugged it off in his mind- when the ritual was over, Dreamon would be gone, and he'd be free from his worries. He hoped that it would be that simple.

"...I wish for this no more! I will be fixed." With those last few words, Dreamon began to twitch, and their body along with it. Suddenly, in an explosion...

Dream was in the shadow realm again. It was slowly becoming brighter... he tried to move his limbs. He felt them, but he couldn't seem to move them.

He was looking through his own eyes, except... it wasn't him who was controlling his body.

Flash forwards

That was... Fundy? The car, the... ring? He remembered!

Dream used that connection to pull closer... closer, into his body. He could almost feel it! The proposal, the warm crackling fire, the fulfilling meal, the date...

He felt himself rise, for whatever reason, then...

He was in his own body! He grinned, freedom, true freedom, at last!

Dream sprinted back to the exorcists to thank them.

"You are so welcome," Tubbo replied warmly, "Please go be happy."

Dream nodded and waved goodbye, skipping lightly down the Path towards the Community House.

Flash

He was in Dreamon. D-DreamXD. Another body? Did Dreamon form his own body?

Dreamon flew as fast as he could towards the two exorcists; he needed to put a show of being disconnected from Dream's body. At arrival, he didn't stop to get ahold of his breath and punched the two as much as he could before his body would dissipate.

After a few satisfying smacks, he reconnected to Dream's mind. "Miss me?"

Dream jumped, "Whafdjshla?! Fuck- you were gone!"

Flash fowards

His land was in fractures. Shattered. In pieces. He needed to do something to make his friends, the inhabitants of his realm, to unite. He had a dream, and he would achieve it.