Rejuvenate - III

healing pog? ... jk

part 3 to persevere, unreleased on ao3 lmao. i didnt like it so i didnt post it before but now i dont care anymore. Written: March 29, 2021. Word count: 3.9k.

So what happens afterwards?

There was no pulse. No bobbing of the chest, or trembling of the hands.

...Dead.

The strangest thing?

Dream was slain by [Unknown Force]

"He's dead," Punz pointed out numbly, checking for a pulse with pale hands again and again. "Dream is dead."

The... brother... that he used to look up to. A king of combat, strong and powerful. Relentless, ever-pursuing, never giving up.

Who just... couldn't die.

It was unfathomable.

"How?!"

"He... he killed the Egg," Ranboo slowly spoke, piecing together the puzzle. "Dream killed the Egg." He paused.

"And the Egg killed him."

The group allowed him to continue his monologue.

"Both of our problems, gone, just like that!" Ranboo continued, excitement ringing in his voice.

In his mind, Dream was still the enemy.

The only reasons he had helped save him was because he wanted to make sure Tubbo was safe, and for the fact of how vividly angry Puffy was at Tommy.

Dream deserved death. Not torture, but death.

The rest of the people present weren't too sure how to respond to Ranboo.

"Dream... I guess Dream did deserve to die," Puffy looked sorrowfully at the duckling that she had abandoned without a second thought.

For a second she felt a pang of regret, before tucking it away like all other times before.

"But not like this," Foolish sighed.

They nodded, agreeing.

Dream didn't deserve dying in utter pain, despite all the evils he had committed in the past. Even if it was unintentional, he did save them from the Egg.

No one deserved dying after being locked in a cell in isolation, then tortured until he died. He didn't even get to see his former home.

At least he died in the arms of a brother, and not alone in a bitter, red cell.

Foolish hadn't truly met Dream on the server, only been told stories of his villainous behavior. The Disc Saga Finale was the only time, where he had seen his "brother" slaughtered twice without a care.

From the confessions they had choked out of Dream in the Finale and the tales told by Tommy and all the others, he had figured that Dream was very much evil.

A small part of him wanted to see Dream's story, for he knew from his experience that all monsters had a fall from grace, but the greater part dismissed the urge. He didn't want to become an enemy of state.

Dream used to be just a thing in the past. Shut out, ignored, not thought of or mentioned until the chaos today.

Even his name seemed to have a bad connotation.