his friend, his executioner

Written: Sept 29, 2021. 4.4k words. pretty sure wattpad chapters arent supposed to be this long but too bad

dream and techno and childhood friends (dream a prince, techno a simple servant) except a rebellion war separates them and really unfortunate things happen

(inspired by (link in comment)!!!)

Metal scintillates as he blinks, and a vision consumes Dream.

The two of them are at the library. Or rather, the entrance of the library.

"So, this is the library!" Dream proclaims with excitement towards his servant, prancing as he directs the stiff guards to open the grandiose doors. He tells them, "I want to do some studying." They nod dutifully to their Prince, and tug the heavy doors open.

"A library?" Technoblade asks, his curiosity piqued despite his previously cold demeanor.

Dream nods, his eyes taking in the titanic room, a jocular light glinting in his round, dark green orbs. "Yeah. You like books, do you?"

After all, he's trying to make friends with the servant! He doesn't know whose idea it is to get a seven-cycles old servant, and he felt a bit bad for anyone who had to be a servant at his age. Dream knows how busy it is- he managed to keep track of (Hbomb) for an entire day without seeming suspicious. He wasn't caught, or told off, or had any guards give him any strange looks.

He had made out his mission to follow Technoblade. And: lo and behold: he caught the pink-haired servant sneaking peaks at the Canario Library.

"...Yeah," and Technoblade's face became- what was the word, guarded? Father always had a guarded face, and said that Dream should also keep his face guarded.

It's a kind of cold expression that he's never managed to master.

"Come on! I have some studying to do," he's careful to restrain himself from tugging Technoblade in impatience.

"Oh really? Then why do you need me?" Technoblade questions coldly.

But Dream won't be deterred. "To serve me my snacks!" he winks, then twirls into the shelves. Technoblade's footsteps follow.

He has to say that to not arouse suspicion; servants weren't allowed in the Library- ever. Unless they were with him or another important person.

He navigates away from the entrance, allowing his footsteps to fall quiet so the Librarians had less of a chance to find him. The guards only had domain towards the entrances and exits of the Library. As much as he had interest in the cavernous echoes his paddings would create, he also enjoyed the silence.

"Shh!" he instructs the servant, whispering as quietly as he could, "Make your footsteps quieter."

Technoblade complies, surprisingly without complaint. Dream has him firmly hooked, and a grin slowly forms as he leads him to his nook.

It's an obscure room at the very outskirts of the Library he discovered when he was exploring the Pretentious Pearl Palace in boredom. And- yes, he made up the first adjective describing the stupid and pretentious "Pearl Palace".

Anyways.

He travels down a single flight of stairs, waving at the guards, then goes to the back of the underground of the Library.

"Welcome to the Cranny!" he announces, sweeping his arms wide. "My book haven."

It's a wooden construct, and was probably supposed to be an office until everyone forgot about it. A single desk, it's respective chair, and a few safety candles were displayed neatly. Though, were a few stolen pillows (from the fellow library couches) scattered comfortably across the floor, as well as quite a few more safety-candles.