#1

Shimla railway station

She was sitting on a bench. More than the train she waited for him to come. She didn't want to leave.even after so many heartbreaks she didn't want to leave. He was not the boy she dreamed of but he was the guy she fell for. She gorged over the half burnt pizza just because he made it. She feared heights but she overcame her fears because he loves the mountains. 7 years ago he asked her if she will wait for him, she is still waiting. She closed her eyes and sat back. She felt a hand on her shoulder. She quickly stood up and looked back. He was finally here. She thought he would stop her. Her happiness had no measure. But before she could say anything he took out a chocolate box he was hiding behind him. They were her favourite chocolates. A tear made a way through her eyes. She was angry. Was he here to bid her a farewell? Can't he see that she dont want to go. He handed her the chocolates. On the top was written, 'best of luck athira'. She threw the box on the bench and walked away towards the railway line to wait for her train. He picked up the box and sat down on the bench. It looked at the box and thought to himself

Today again I have hurt her. I know she don't want to go but I can't stop her. It is a very big opportunity. She would earn lakhs. How can I stop her? The money I earn can't even buy her favourite shoes. She already have compromised too much for me, I have already ruined her 7 years but not anymore. I know she will find someone better than me. I can't live without her but I surely don't deserve her.

She comes back to where he was stamping her feet.

"Can't you see I don't want to go? Why, Why can't you stop me? Why do you always let me slip out of your arms so easily? Didn't you say you love me? Then what kind of a love is it that even today you don't have any strength to stop me?"

She went down to her knees to look into his eyes as he looked down. Her eyes were filled with tears

"We were in class 11 when you said you love me. But you had no strength to hold me. I understand we were just 17 then. We went to different colleges but I never left you, But then also you didn't have to strength to keep me. And now you have the job and the money you always wanted, and you still don't want to stop me? Why? Why?"

He was crying. But still didn't gather the strength to just hold her hand and tell her not to leave. The whistle of the train hurdled their thoughts. Tired of his cowardice, athira took the biggest decision of her life. Athira decided to move on from him. She stood up unchained her bag. On the top was a photoframe captioned together forever. In it was their picture.

"Such a lie. Our destinies never met pranav." she kept the frame beside him and proceeded towards her train. For the first time pranav saw her leaving. Be it what athira always sticked to him. She never left him alone. The fear finallycaptured pranav. Deep down inside he knew he can't live without her. But how do he stop her. He finally stood up and shouted, "athira..."

But she didn't look back. She was the girl of her words. He ran towards her and held her hand. The feeling was irresistible for athira, she didn't want to leave. But what if he left again. She don't have any faith in him now. She have waited for him for too long now. She can't wait more. She shook off his hand and mounted the train. Pranav was left stunned there. He might have said anything but he had hat little faith that she will not leave. She was the guardian of his heart.the keeper of his life. Even in his darkest dream he never thought that one day she will leave. He knew it was his fault, she waited for him for so long. He alwahs thought destiny would put them together but it seems destiny had different plans. Pranav spent his whole night on the station in the hope that she will come back. But she had different plans now.

Author's note
Heya lovelies, started this new novel. Trying something truly romantic. Please stay with me hrough this new journey.

Vote.comment.share