#12

The next morning neil woke up he saw athira doing her makeup. He stood up and and went to stand behind her. She looked up in the mirror and smiled at him.

"You look beautiful.", neil exclaimed

"When I don't!", athira winked at neil who playfully replied, "when you remove your makeup." Athira picked up her foundation tube and threw it at him. Neil laughed it off. But then he bestowed down on his knees. This was an opportunity to kickstart the topic.

"You know when you don't? when you hide your fears, your sorrows underneath your skin and a fake a smile. it is not that you lose your beauty but there is no comparison to your real, genuine smile. You know when you close your eyes and lose yourself to your past, when you can no more feel anyone's presence. When you hold back your tears and drink that slow poison. You make me feel really guilty. I feel sorry that I can't help you out of this. When you smile just because you have to, you look less beautiful. When you lie that you're fine, you look less beautiful. When you are just not ready to move on you...."

Athira kept his finger on his mouth. She was crying.

"Don't say a word more. Don't!"

Neil stood up to go out when athira said, "7 years! I gave it 7 years of life. I know I am unfair to you but it is not easy on me. He made me weak. He knew where the veins in my body went through but he was never strong enough to hold me back. I always believed he loved me but was never sure. And then the day he finally tried to stop me I had already moved on. Atleast I believed I did. But I never knew parting from him would break me to this height. In that fury, that anger, to show him that I moved on , or maybe to believe myself I said yes to you." She paused at looked at him and then said, "It was the worst thing i could have done to you."

"Or maybe the best.", neil said very confidently. They both had nothing to say. They looked at each other, mesmerized by the will of God.

Author's note
I can't tell you how much I love you people. Your support never let me feel alone. Wattpad is a family now. I can't tell you how relieved I feel after writing and how happy I become when you vote and comment. Thank you, thank you so much

I love you all

Vote.comment, share