#18

His mind didn't process what she was saying, he was stuck on those childish faces she made. She looked really adorable. pranav smiled like a fool looking at her without a blink. Shekhar slapped him on his head and he came out of athira's magic zone. He looked at the note in his hand which she handed over to him. He opened it and read the contents. His jaw dropped. all of his excitement for the the note disappeared

"Please slap shekhar on his head. Please please please!", he read out loud disheartenedly. Athira looked at him angrily for ruining it while pranav's poker face was too stiff to move for next few momets. Shekhar first looked at him strangely but on seeing athira's face he understood what was going on. He splitted into laughter. He made a teasing face at athira who gave a death glare to pranav!

The class got over and athira and amaya blocked pranav's way. They didn't look any pleased with what he did. Recounting how madly they shouted around and how badly they used to hit the boys in their group pranav considered apologising. But before he kneeled down shekhar came to his rescue. They had some funny, mad convo and were all laughing. Pranav distanced himself from them and then glared at their perfection. Everyone knew they were not bad, they just meant to have fun. Their hitting,their shouting everything made them cool, not pathetic. They had their way with everyone and everything on this planet.
His lane of thought broke when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He took a deep breathe. He had to tell her to stay away from him. He could not bear her helplessness, her sadness but it was necessary. She needs to go away from his life.

He turned back and before she could say anything he thundered, "mahira how many times do I have to tell you that I dont want ou in my life. You don't matter. Honestly, you dont!"

Tears formed in both of their eyes. But both of them had the realm of their emotions. They swallowed in their pain underneath their dry throats. She pushed him and went away. He gazed at her as she left. Neither did he had the strength to stop her nor tolet her go. He stole away his eyes from everyone and went to an isolated corner. Everyone whispered about his rudeness and ego. He had no space for their opinions, all he thought was that one mistake he made. He should have stopped himself, his heart. He restlessly stood up and went out of the room.

Athira and amaya stood in the corridor with the coolest people on the planet when she saw mahira walking down the corridors plain, captured in her thoughts, clueless of her surrounding. Athira left her group and hurried towards her. She stopped her.

"Are you fine?", athira asked with concern.

"Yes I am.", she effortlessly faked a smile but athira was not the person to be bought for fake smiles. She gave a sharp look to mahira. Mahira knew ahira wasn't convinced.

"I don't think I am ready to talk about it yet.", athira felt guilty for being pushy. She hugged mahira and in a comforting voice said,"you know I am there whenever you are ready."

"I know!", mahira smiled approvingly. Athira felt content and therefore left her alone to go back to "the coolest people on this planet" her eyes searched for them but they she didn't find anyone. But them she spooted someone. Her eyes sparkled, her popular naughty smile covered her face. She went ahead to where they were standing and started,

"Ahm ahm", she excused herself.

"What?", he raised his brows understanding her indications.

"Amaya, look, don't worry. I will talk to uncle about him.", athira said before she cracked up laughing. Amaya rolled her eyes on her whereas shekhar ran to catch her. She ran already knowin she can't beat him. They shouted through the corridors but he finally managed to catch her. He pulled her by her hand and pushed her against the wall. He held both her hands so that she cannot get out of his grip.

"Now say, will you do that again?" Shekhar bossed her.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Athira laughed in his face.

"Now?" ,He tightened his grip and looked stright into her eyes.She had no intentions to give up but she felt an instinct raising inside. It always happened. Her heartbeat went abnormal, her breathe felt heavy, his grip, his grip made her heart wriggle. It was not a healthy feeling. She hated that feeling but sometimes our realms our not in our hands. Shekhar saw her growing uncomfort and so left her hands. They both looked around, not being able to look at each other but then awkwardness didn't last between these two ever. Tom and jerry started again over some other silly comment. He ran teasing her and she looked at him with a smile. He was perfect and that perfection was her drug! She could not live without it, but somewhere it killed her.

Author's note

Heya my manchurians,
Lol well I am too damn addicted to chinese these days. Well writing was never tougher I tell you. I knew athira of 27 yrs better then athira of 15. I mean being a teen I should relate to the young version more. Anyhow I love athira!!!

So you all must be thinking, they dont even talk to each other much, how are they going to fall in together? well dont worry I am thinking that too.

Lol, jokes apart one important thing. If you think teenage love is stupid then take a moment and read what I have to say. See love have no age bar, teenage love might not be a forever thing but it is the most innocent form of love we experience. When we believe in the beauty of love completely, have nothing to doubt about the patner, dont worry about how our future will turn out. The only concern is making each other happy and if this is not worth calling love, then I wonder what is!

Vote.comment.share