#14

She had to stop, her feet forgot how to move. Everything was quite once again. Everything stopped, everything shattered. The only voice that echoed through the huge walls was

"Athira"

Everyone was looking at him as he moved towards her. He called her from all the strength he gathered in these 3 years. She could not help but stop. His voice controlled her nerves till now. They knew which string was to be struck. She stopped there but had no strength to look back, to go through everything all over again. She didn't want to love him. She felt his hand on her shoulder and all her patience broke, her tears made way from her eyes and her dry lips moved to take that name she didn't say in the last three years.

"P...pr...pranav"

His grip on her shoulder became more firm, assuring her she was not dreaming. She closed her eyes to feel her breath. A chilled breeze ran all through her. She was cold, blue, numb! He directed her to turn towards him. Tears didn't stop but She dared not open her eyes. She didn't want to see that face again. But then she slowly gathered her strength. She had to do this. She saw his feet, the 'mojari' were blue. Completely royal. She wondered to herself that it could not be his choice. He never was fond of the rich-looking-things. Her eyes raised and feel upon the cream colour 'dhoti'. He was so stubborn earlier. She remembered how making him wear camel and cream pants was a task. Her eyes stuck on the chest hugging blue kurta. Completely diffrent from those he wore back then. He always loved ill fitted clothes. Her eyes were on his chin now, how she used to hold it and make him nod when he sat in the room's corner in disagreement. And then came his lips, the smirk was still so clear in her mind. It could rob hearts. It was his best feature. His nose seemed less crooked to her now. She always told him, the day he will learn to calm down, his nose would be fine. Her lips curved into a smile on seeing that she was not wrong. And then the smile lost, it took a moment. Her numbness returned, her fears grew, her heart went abnormal again, one look into his eyes, and she no more had her realms.

His eyes staggered into hers. Her numbness made him feel breathless. It felt like nothing can break that gaze now, afterall he waited for it for the last 3 years. But the gaze broke in the most beautiful way it could. She took a step towards him, in her numb body she mananged to find her hands and in a second they were wrapped around his abdomen. The grip grew tighter with every second. It was all he wanted, the hug that said, "dont leave me and go away. You have got to stay. For me!" He didn't take a moment to think, he hugged her back. As tightly as he could. He didn't want her to leave this time. It was like time stopped there for them. Such was his effect on her, and so much was her love for him.

It seemed they were making up for the lost 3 years in that one hug. All their affection, love wrapped around each other. But this story had more characters now. It wasnt where near to where they left it. Saksham seprated them with force. Anger flooded in his eyes and their little dream broke. Realization dawned upon athira, she looked at neil who stood their like a stone. Unable to react, to understand how his world was snatched from him in few minutes. He was disappointed. Tears reflected in his eyes but refused to fall down. Athira could see how she broke him in a moment. She felt guilty for forgetting about him, their marriage, them in that moment. She felt guilty for being so weak, for being so selfish. She stepped towards him but he started walking away. She saw her world breaking again. She fell down on the floor, tired of the games destiny played. Neil could not walk for more than 2 to 3 steps. He could not leave her. He turned back and saw how she looked at him, sitting there on the floor as her tears refused to dry down. And he could not have walked further. He walked towards her and offered her his hand. Pranav then realised she was far from his reach now, she was, she was married! What if she still loved the orchids, he wont be the one to give her them now. She have moved on. He shattered. Tears fell down from his eyes as he saw her gazing at him and thinking if she should hold his hand. He too fell down on the ground lifelessly. His heart aching more than ever. The attention was on him once again. Athira looked at him, then neil and then again him. She didn't know what was right, what was wrong! She closed her eyes and the untold story of her life found its words. It all went back to the day she first met pranav.

Author's note
Sorry for a not so fine chapter. Honestly I wanted to get over it as I wanted to write further and I could not make it any better. I didn't have any elements. Anyways the story would be told in the bakflash now, starting from when pranav and athira first met. We will have all new characters, neil would be missed :( but I assure the other characters would make it up for him. Be ready as we go back to school ;) as we hear their love story, you finally get to judge who is more deserving, who is better for her, and who should she choose! Help me through. Keep me motivated

Vote.share.comment,