#9

Neil came back to the room in the evening. The bags were unpacked. He was suprised when a smiling athira entered the room. He checked her for fever and then said, "who are you? Where is athira?".

A confused athira asked, "what?"

"My wife, sorry my lazy wife cant do so much work in a day." Pranav took a pun on her. Athira threw a cushion at him him and went out to the balcony. Neil followed. Athira spreaded her arms along the railings.
And neil leaned against the door and stared at her.

"I am sorry neil."

"Wha..", she didn't let him speak.

"I am sorry." She turned back and looked straight into his eyes and continued,"I was selfish, I wanted to move on in life. I never realised I stopped the time for you. I was upset, actually I was broken but I never cared for how much I was breaking you. It hurts when I look back in time today. The no. of people I have hurt are more than my age. My wrong decisions, affected not only mine but so many other lifes. I can't do anything about it neil. I can't turn the time around. I am sorry for being so restless. I am sorry for being so mean."

She laid her head on his chest. He didn't know what to do. How to react but he gave it to the time. He slowly raised his right hand and shakingly kept his hand around her shoulders. His hand stopped shaking and he felt more comfortable than ever. He smiled nervously as he tried to understand the games of God. His rail of thoughts left the station.

What is it? Why does it feel so good? Maybe now we will share more than our residential address! Oh god I am blushing. Hope she does not see it. She will laugh over it the whole week. Hey, but thats a good thing. Her giggling! Ahhh is she ready for it? Should I ask her about her past? No! I guess she have taken her final decision. She is ready to move on. So how does the past matter? But it would be good if she spills it out and leave it in his moment. But she is smiling, I don't want to snatch it away.

As he was thinking and thinking and thinking he heard a smash noise and 5 thin fingers on his face, 4 fingers and 1 thumb to be precise. He exclaimed,"ouch". He saw an angry athira standing in front of him with folded arms.

"What did I do?",he asked with his hand still on his cheek.

"Am I mad that I am trying to talk you from the last 5 minutes. You always get into some parallel world and ignore me." She threw her hands in the air to add weight to her dialouges and went inside the room. She kept on speaking while making the bed. Neil dramatized banging his head on the wall while he murmured, "wives!"

She saw neil do this and made an even more angry face. And threw all the cushions at him one after other. He fell down on the ground as he lost his balance. She stopped for a minute but then again her radio and her hands got back to work. Neil sat there on the floor holding his head. But somewhere smiling at this childish lady talking complete nonsense which even she will forget a minute later.

Author's note
Ok ok don't kill me. I know you are eager for the face off between pranav and athira but I want to put on the view of neil and athira's equation in front of you. They are cute! Aren't they?

Well wives will be wives! They love blabbering and husbands love ignoring. The problem comes when the wife discovers that she was being ignored :P . See the amount of reasearch work I am doing for this story.

I love you guys. Even though some of you were ready to kill me for the 'ON HOLD' tag. Hehe so keep reading, loving and voting. I am working so hard for you atleast vote na :P :P

Vote.comment.share