New Lands

Disclaimer: I do not own BNHA, Konosuba or any other fictional story that i my use in here.

Chapter 8

XxXxXxX

As the ruler of the Belzerg kingdom, King Mathis was bound by a few traditions. One of them was something that was really saddening him for some time.

Belzerg royal family have a really strong bloodline. All thanks to incorporating legendary heroes and the strongest of adventurers into their folds. The last appearance of a real hero was recorded around 90 years ago, and in fact his late farther liked to tell the stories about the deeds of Mathias's grandfather.

But as his own daughter had fifteen years now, he needed to find her a powerful partner. One of the candidates was an up and coming adventurer, Kyouya Mitsurugi. He had strength, looks and drive to be a hero. But the King could see that he wasn't a good person.

The letter from Duke Dustiness only cemented this feeling, as it contained a report of the things that transpired in the town of Axel.

At the beginning it was what he expected, mostly. The Demon King General that was stationed near that town for over a month suddenly launched an assault, a siege even. With numbers stated in the letter, that city should have fallen. There was no garrison off soldiers at hand, there were around eighty city guards, mostly composed of veterans and few youngsters. Above average number of adventurers, but all of them were beginners.

And it was one of those rookies who tipped the scales of that confrontation. A young woman that arrived a few days earlier, by the name of Creati, helped to plan and organize a defense that succeeded in stopping Beldia.

Using lamp oil of all things to create impassable traps and casting magic by herself to defend the main gate. Witnesses report that she somehow created flames that were burning even stone and iron.

The one to defeat Beldia was another young man by the name of Deku, who was a friend of the woman mentioned beforehand. Using some kind of enhancement spell, again according to witnesses, derived from lightning magic, he was able to defeat the general, ending the whole siege.

The whole thing would be a really happy ending, no real damages to the city, no deaths and all wounds from arrows were successfully healed by the priests on hand.

But Mitsurugi Kyouya, whose mission given from the King himself was to defeat Beldia and investigate what that monsters was doing near the city of beginning, decided to issue a challenge for a duel of honor to the man who defeated the general. Then when he couldn't defeat said man, that blue armored idiot started to use wide area magic attacks, destroying three guild warehouses, two private houses and a smithy. Thankfully most of the people that normally would be in those buildings were watching the duel and with the help of guild staff were able to evacuate.

The damages were listed as around ninety two million Eris, and according to the rules stated before the fight, all of the eventual costs are going to be fined to the one who caused them.

Mitsurugi disappeared just after the fight, probably escaping using teleportation magic, not paying for anything. The whole thing was witnessed by Count Dustiness's daughter herself, and she stated that the whole fight and it's escalation was the fault of Kyouya Mitsurugi, and that he should be accordingly penalized.

Even if this situation turned out costly, maybe that young man that defeated the blue swordsman could turn out to be a much better candidate for Iris to marry.

Gesturing for his advisor to come closer he spoke. " Bring investigator Sena to me, i have a very important massage to send to the town of Axel. She will deliver it with the bounty for the Dullahan. Also call the head of the royal guard, we have a rogue adventurer to capture." The man bowed to his King and left hurriedly.