A moment of respite

Disclaimer: I do not own BNHA, Konosuba or any other fictional story that i my use in here.

Chapter 10

XxXxXxX

When the carriage's axle was repaired with the Havram's help the group decided to at least move away from the place they were attacked in.

With the sun slowly getting to the horizon, they managed to exit the wooded area, into an empty field of grass. In another two days of travel they would reach the nearest town which was named Tarabina.

Finding an appropriate place near the road, they set up the camp. Now resting around the campfire, accompanied by the young noble lady and her Butler they ate their rations in relative silence.

"How are you able to fly for so long, Nana? I'm really surprised you have so much Mana reserves." The young blonde at long last succumbed to her curiosity.

The floating girl smiled mischievously. "It's my super awesome power as Izuku's quirk!" She replied, not really explaining anything she was asked about.

Not satisfied with the answered she got, the young noble woman looked to Darkness. She immediately recognized her as Lalatina Ford Dustiness when she saw her, because they knew each other as their parents organized a few play dates for them when they were younger.

"She is Deku's summoned spirit guardian. She isn't using magic to fly so she does not need any Mana really." The Crusader supplied, using the story they all agreed upon.

"You are no fun Lala. I wanted to yank her chain just a little..." Nana puffed in annoyance at her source of entertainment taken away.

As Darkness physically recoiled at the nickname used, the young noble woman turned to the greenette who shifted a bit uncomfortably under her gaze.

"Sir Deku, you are one of the most powerful warriors i ever saw. What is this magic you are using? Are you some sort of a battle mage?" She asked him eagerly.

Looking a bit around, locking eyes with Momo for a second who smiled at him, he tried to replay.

"It's... I have the class of a Guardian. That power is a bloodline ability of mine. I'm the only wielder of it in the world." He said, creating a misunderstanding he would hear about long after it caused quite a stir later on.

"Oh... I'm sorry about that..." The young blonde looked at the ground, confusing the boy a little.

"With your strength and fighting style, wouldn't a class like a monk be more suitable?" Arthur the Butler asked, wanting to help move the conversation along.

Taking the chance to change the subject a bit Izuku replied. "Ah I was thinking about that really. But my own power is quite a lot to handle already. It gives me tremendous speed, strength and durability but it is taxing on my body. In the past I often destroyed my own limbs trying to use it." At those words Darkness looked at him taken aback. She heard he had trouble controlling his power but to straight out destroy his arms and legs? Maybe he had similar interest like her?

Not catching her gaze he continued. "I only recently learned how to use it really so i still have to master it. And taking the class of a Guardian helps me greatly. It gives me a lot more durability and defence so i can fight for longer than before." He finished his argument for taking the class getting a nod of understanding form the older man.

"Do you maybe have some stories from your travels? I love to listen to tales like that." Arianne said, again steering the conversation in a different direction.

XxX

The city of Tarabina turned out to be quite a big settlement, maybe even bigger than Axel itself. Arianne wanting to repay her saviors in some way at least, rented rooms for the party in the best place available, despite Izuku's protests that it was too much. The green haired youth was totally ignored by the female side of his party and in the end decided to go with it, still a bit reluctantly.