𝟰. 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴

Eileen's eyes fluttered open and she noticed that both she and Karl fell asleep on the couch, and they were practically cuddling.

"Karl Jacobs." She whispered, trying to wake him up.

Karl shook his head. "No." He mumbled and turned to the side.

Eileen kicked him and stood up. "Bitch, wake up I'm going home." She said.

Karl opened his eyes and stared at Eileen for a bit. "Bye, text me later." He told her before turning on his side.

Eileen laughed a little before grabbing her jacket and leaving Karl'a house.

On her way home, she got a text from Alex.

Staring at her screen for a bit she turned off her phone and focused on the road. She did not want to talk to him right now. Even thinking about him made it feel like her heart was breaking all over again.

Why did he have to get a girlfriend? Why did he prefer another girl over her?

It hurt like hell to even think about this Jessica girl being all lovey dovey with Alex and flirting with him.

Eileen didn't even know why she cared so much. All she had was a small crush on a close friend.

But now it felt like more. It felt like things were different than the feelings she had for him before. The butterflies she got when he texted her were gone but the longing for him wasn't.

Alex must've known she was thinking about him because her phone then started ringing.

Eileen sighed, she couldn't stop herself from accepting. Hearing his voice still made her happy.

"What?" She asked as soon as she answered.

Alex let out a breath. "I thought you weren't going to answer." He admitted.

Eileen rolled her eyes. "I shouldn't have. Not after last night." She mumbled the last part.

"Look, I just wanted to apologize for how I acted." He started off, catching Eileen off guard with the apology. "I just miss my best friend and when you started hanging out more with Karl I-I got jealous." He explained. "And last night when you called me out on that, I guess I flipped out."

Eileen chuckled a little. "Yeah, I flipped out a bit too." She said. "I wasn't jealous of your girlfriend, I just missed you a lot." She lied straight through her teeth.

Of course she was jealous of Jessica. She had Alex, the one person that Eileen wanted. And Alex picked her, not Eileen.

Alex laughed lightly. "Can we be best friends again?" He asked.

Eileen sighed and thought for a bit. "Yes." She said simply.

"Let's go!" Alex yelled out, making Eileen giggle. "Hey, you wanna meet Jessica tonight?" He asked her.

Eileen's heart fell down all the way to hell. "Sure." She felt her voice crack.

The smile from Alex wasn't seen by Eileen but it was there. He wanted to make her jealous. He didn't realize how wrong of it was of him to do this to either girl but he desperately wanted Eileen to be jealous. Jealous like he was.

Eileen cleared her throat. "She sounds great." She changed her tone, trying to make it less obvious that this is not what she wanted.

"Sweet!" Alex beamed. "I'll text you to make sure you aren't at Karl's."

Eileen laughed a little, she didn't know what she did because nothing was funny. "I just left his house." She told him. "We fell asleep on the couch and he wouldn't even walk me out the door."

Alex's smile had turned to a frown. "You two fell asleep on the couch together?" He asked her.

Eileen made an "mhm" sound. "Yeah, I wasn't in the best mood last night so he comforted me." She explained.

"How did he do that?" Alex pressured, it was now his turn to be jealous.

"He hugged me?" Eileen was confused as to why he cared.

Alex made an amused noise before clearing his throat. "Alright, I have to go." He said. "See you tonight."

Eileen nodded. "See you tonight."