𝟴. 𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗲𝘀

Eileen felt nervous about a lot of things today. The one at the moment was going over to Karl's. She had no clue if Alex was lying or not, and although she wanted to believe that he was, she had a feeling he wasn't.

Knocking on his door, she waited for him to open it. She knew knocking was her first wrong move of the day, Eileen never knocked.

Karl opened the door with a tired and confused look on his face. Eileen held up the bag full of cookies. "I come with treats!" She told him.

Karl smiled and they both walked in. Eileen set the cookies on his table. Karl stared at them. "Those better not be raisin." He didn't take his eyes off the cookies.

Eileen shook her head. "I made chocolate chip and sugar cookies." She answered. "I know you don't really like my raisin cookies." Karl gave her a sympathetic look. It was something about Eileen's raisin cookies that Karl hated. He claimed they weren't baked with as much love.

Eileen sat on his couch as he ate the cookies she made. He then came in with them all on a plate. "So, Sapnap and Dream can play jackbox tonight." He told her with a mouth full of cookie.

"Sapnap might be late." They said in unison, making Eileen laugh a little.

They sat in silence as Karl ate more of the cookies, until Eileen couldn't stop the question burning inside her from coming out.

"Do you like me?" She asked.

Karl gave her a confused smile. "Of course, we're best friends." He told her.

"No, like the other like." She corrected. Karl stopped eating the cookies. "Because Alex told me you did and I just wanted to know from you." She began speaking fast because he wasn't saying anything.

Karl took a sharp breath. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would go away and you like Alex." He explained. He thought she was upset with him, and he hated when she was mad at him.

Eileen wasn't mad, she had no reason to be. Just shocked that she hadn't realized because she was so caught up in her own problems. "I just wanted to know, I wish you would've told me." She shrugged. "Do you still like me?" She asked.

Karl nodded. "I don't think I realized I did until you started liking Alex." He admitted.

Eileen gave him a small smile. "Wish you would've said something before I met him, I liked you then." She admitted to him.

Karl sighed and went red. "Too late, you're in love with Alex." He mumbled.

She shrugged. "Love is a strong word." She added. "But I do like him too much for my own good."

Karl shook his head. "He loves you too. He told me the night I told him I liked you." He confessed. "He's a snitch." He whispered.

She laughed and shook her head. "He's got a girlfriend. It'll always be an unrequited strong liking." Eileen corrected.

Karl gave her the most serious look he's given her in all the years they'd known each other. "Eileen he's using her, you don't see that?" He asked. Eileen gave him an odd look. "Not to be rude, but you're an idiot. It's not unrequited love, he's using Jess to make you jealous. Hell even she knows that."

Eileen shifted uncomfortably. "You've never been this mean." She whispered.

Karl let out a large breath. "Sorry." He seemed embarrassed. "Just upset with Alex for telling you." He admitted.

Eileen put a hand on his shoulder. "He's a dick, that's for sure." They both laughed.

"He isn't." Karl corrected her. "He just really likes you."

Eileen shrugged. "I'm sorry for bringing it up." She mumbled. "I guess I just really wanted to know."

Karl shook his head. "It's fine, I just didn't want things to be awkward." He said.

"I mean, we're still best friends." She told him. "And you ate all my cookies." She added.

Karl laughed. "Make more, those were delicious." Eileen smiled and tackled him into a hug.

As Karl hugged her back, Eileen thought that maybe she could like Karl back. Alex had a girlfriend so getting over him would be smart. But, she also thought about what Karl said. Was Alex using Jess? Was he that much of an asshole to do that?

Eileen really wanted to not care about Alex and Jess, she wanted to try and give Karl a chance.

But she knew she couldn't do that. She knew that deep down she would always feel this way about Alex, and no matter how much she could make herself move in with anyone it would always be him she wanted.

But that didn't mean she couldn't try.