My Home

Leaving the hospital brought back the color to your skin and to your wings. Surprisingly it wasn't raining instead it was overcast and windy. With this opportunity you decided to fly the rest of the way home. The sidewalks weren't crowded which made it better for you since you wouldn't need to be avoiding people. The day started out great even if the sky was grey but Eraserhead did keep his promise and he escorted you back home. It was the middle of week, you would think a pro hero had better things to do like scouting the cities or even working to obtain shigaraki's whereabouts after leaving your shop instead of escorting a girl home. He lingered a few feet behind you but even his presence was starting to annoy you. He was quiet with a cold demeanor, for a pro hero he wasn't as approachable as most heroes you have seen in the magazines or newspapers like Hawks and Fatgum. 

After a while you decided to walk the next few blocks. You lowered your gaze to the floor as you got closer to the shop, you felt sad and scared. The shop was meant to be a comfort and sanctuary, the family business continued on with you but after the encounter with Shigaraki the shop was now stained with dread. The greenhouse will no longer be a paradise but now it will be a reminder of how you were trapped, frozen with fear and assaulted by a villain. You could only hope that these weird, depressing feelings would go away with the protection that Eraserhead was offering and hope that everything would go back to normal. 

"Hey."

Eraserhead popped up beside you on your left. 

"Thank you again for walking me home."

Oasis finally came into view but to your surprise a few regulars, like the study groups and couples, all stood in front of Oasis, waiting. When they saw you, their faces shifted from frowning to smiling. They surrounded you but maintaining distance when Eraserhead's scarf surrounded you and him. The regulars ignored Eraserhead as if he was invisible and instead bombarded you with questions and concerns. You opened the doors to Oasis and ensured everyone that you had fallen off the ladder trying to put the books back into their places. You gave them a reassuring smile and once again mentioned that you were okay. The regulars looked at each other before agreeing to your statement and heading into the greenhouse or remaining in the shop to search for their flowers. 

You made your way to the counter with Eraserhead close behind. 

"You could go now, Eraserhead. Thank you very much."

"We need to talk."

"About?" Your head tilted to the side like a puppy and your eyebrow rose with confusion. 

The whole walk home he could have started up a conversation but decided to wait until you were surrounded with customers? This was weird. He stood to the side of the counter, blocking the small opening.

"About your safety."

A man in his mid 20's handed you a small bouquet of flowers and you rung up the price. After giving him his change you turn to Eraserhead. You understand his persistence to keep you safe since he was hero and you respected that but you never needed anyone to take care of you so this was a new feeling. 

"You just need to leave because Shigaraki said nothing would happen unless heroes show up."

"We will relocate you, somewhere closer to a hero agency where surveillances are higher than here."

Your tongue clicked and you brushed the palm of your hand from your forehead, over your head and cupping the back of your head. "You don't understand. This shop has been in the family for generations, I was literally born and raised in the very home above me."

"I understand and respect that but your safety is our concern. You must understand that your family would care for your safety more than this place."