Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I can walk just fine on my own." Katsuki grumbled. He was being carried into his apartment by Izuku, who constantly catered to his every need since arriving at the hospital last night.

"Kacchan, you almost died. Let me baby you." Izuku replied. Katsuki rolled his eyes. The alpha set him down on the couch then sat down beside him.

"Izuku, nobody was more terrified than I was." Katsuki admitted with a frown. "I don't want to die. I'm not fucking ready to die. Most certainly not because I'm an ass, who almost died because he was pissed off at his partial mate or what-the-fuck-ever."

"You're not an ass, Kacchan." Izuku muttered. He picked up his phone from the coffee table, wincing at the low battery, and then set it back down. "We should make a pact or something."

"Like?" Katsuki inquired. Izuku gnawed on his bottom lip for a moment then his eyes lit up.

"When we fight, which will happen again, we shouldn't be able to leave the lot without having resolved the issue. We can go to different rooms to cool off, but we can't leave the building." Izuku explained with a wide grin. "Does that sound like a deal?"

"Yeah." Katsuki agreed. "But the only exception is going to have to be emergency work calls. We can't have people getting hurt because we're both too stubborn to apologize."

"Of course." Izuku replied. He gave Katsuki a swift kiss then went to go clean up the apartment.

Katsuki wasn't allowed to return to work until next week. He was at high risk of starving or dehydrating if he worked too hard since he pretty much depleted his entire body of its stores. He was supposed to eat and drink slowly as to not overwhelm his body by the sudden intake.

Izuku took Monday off, and everyday after, he'd work more and more just to be sure Katsuki wouldn't relapse without Izuku nearby. On Tuesday, Izuku would work for two hours, four on Wednesday, six on Thursday, and a full eight on Friday. If at any point Katsuki did relapse, the time would go back to the previous day's. Then on Saturday, Izuku was supposed to stay in his own apartment, but that was to be determined. If Katsuki survived Saturday on his own, they could go back to normal.

It took Denki, Eijirou, and Izuku to rail it into Katsuki's head that he couldn't do this alone. If at any point he starts to not feel well, he's supposed to call Izuku. If Izuku can't answer, he's supposed to call someone to come to his aid until Izuku could get there.

Over the previous night, when Katsuki was unable to sleep, he did a lot of thinking and reconsidering about various different things. Later, once Izuku had finished cleaning, Katsuki asked him to sit down. "I think I want to have that talk."

Izuku's eyes widened. "Are you sure? You're not allowed to take your medicine -- any of it -- until we're sure that you're stable." Izuku reminded him.

Katsuki nodded his head. He was unfortunately very aware of this fact. "I've thought about this a lot, Deku. I've thought about a lot of shit since I woke up the first time. Of course, that was between the seven times I went into cardiac arrest." Katsuki tried to joke, but Izuku didn't find his almost dying to be very funny. Katsuki rolled his eyes. "Anyway. I want to have this talk with you."

"Okay, Kacchan." Izuku agreed. Katsuki could tell he was wary, but it was better than nothing. "Let's talk."

"Round Face is an omega and everyone knows that. Same goes for Sparkles and Dunce." Katsuki brought up. He paused for Izuku's counter statement, which he knew the nerd had prepared.

"They're lower ranked." Izuku countered, just as Katsuki assumed.

"As far as I'm concerned, the people shouldn't be mad about being lied to because I never once told a lie. When asked what benefits come from being an alpha hero, I'd say I didn't know and trail off. If asked my opinion on how omegas are treated, I'd say 'like shit' because I know personally. One time I was approached by this omega who said, 'so you're a top, alphan hero', and I replied with 'something along those lines'. So far, nobody has directly asked me what my subgender is. They all just assume because I'm in the top ten and strong." Katsuki explained to him.