Chapter 6 - Comfort

After Yamaguchi was done preparing the dinner, Y/n helped him out to set it on the coffee table before they sat down and started to eat.

"How are you so good at cooking?" she asked as she took another bite of the seasoned steak.

"My parents often go out of town for work so I had to cook for myself." He said and smiled.

The small pup came up to them and sat in between the both of them.

"Yeah, what do we name her?" He asked curiously.

"Mmm... Emi?" She shrugged and giggled

"That's a nice name.." He said and looked down at the cute pup before stretching his hand out to pet it, only to touch Y/n's hand since she was going for the same.

They made eye contact after having his hand placed over hers to pet Emi. After not breaking eye contact for a while, he smiled a little before squeezing her hand a little.

"Your hands...are so warm.." He muttered as he looked away, making her blush.

"Uh- thank you.." she looked away and smiling wide.

He nodded and pulled his hand back before they continued to eat and then wash the dishes after.

They then went upstairs to his bedroom and looked at her after entering the room.

"You can use the room for tonight, I'll sleep on the couch." He smiled at her.

"It doesn't feel right.." she looks down.

"Hmm.? what doesn't? he tilts his head.

"This is your house, your room, and yet you let me be in here instead of being on the couch." She told with a little embarassment.

"It's okay.. It looks really bad to have a girl sleep on the couch when there's a man around, you know..?" He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. "I'm a gentleman so let me do these for a lady." 

"Aren't you doing so much for me..?" She looked up at him. "I don't even think I have done anything for you.." she looks down at her feet as she tears up, and the both of them going silent all of a sudden.

"Hmm.." Yamaguchi looks up and scratches his cheek cutely. "In that case, there certainly is something that you can do." He smiles as she looked up at him after listening to what he said.

"What would that be..?" she whispered.

"A hug, maybe?" He shrugged with a small chuckle. "I mean, I understand if you wouldn't want to, I just thought it would be-"

Before he completed his sentence, he was engulfed in a tight hug as she threw her arms over his shoulder and he was taken aback at first.

"Thank you for everything, Tada-kun..." she whispered in his ears and he smiled, hugging her back tight.

"T-Tada-kun.." she loosened her grip on him and looked at him, but he wasn't done hugging yet.

"I think that's enough..." She muttered and looked at him, but he only nuzzled his nose on her shoulder.

"Just a little bit longer..."

She smiled and hugged him again while letting out a small giggle.

"Alright then, I'll be downstairs. Let me know if you need anything, okay?" He smiled at her as he held the door knob.

She smiled back and nodded. "Good night" she says.

"Good night..." He looks at her for a while before closing the door and going downstairs to the couch.