Chapter 3 - Yachi

A few days later, Y/n and Yamaguchi got closer and they always love being in each other's company. Of course, this resulted in Y/n falling deeper and deeper in love with Yamaguchi, but never got the courage to tell him as she believed that there was a 'right time' for it. 

Y/n also got pretty close to the boys in the volleyball team as well.

Y/n was sitting under a tree in the schoolyard since it was lunchtime. The boys were in the gym for practice so she decided to just lay back on the tree and rest for a while before going back to the class. 

She put her earphones on and played the song 'Rewrite the stars' as she closed her eyes and leaned back on the tree, taking in the words, feeling, and smiling at the thought of being in love.

Not even a few minutes later, she felt someone pull one of her earphones and opened her eyes to look at Yamaguchi sitting beside her, smiling as he put the earphone in his ear.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were practicing." She sat up and looked at him.

"Yeah, well... I was kinda tired after the warm-up so I thought to save my energy for the evening practice." 

He smiled and she smiled back at him as she nodded.

"Anyway, what are we listening to..?"  He leaned back on the tree as he closed his eyes, listening to the song before signing happily. "Ahh... This.."

Y/n just stared at Yamaguchi's features, feeling happy looking him so close to her. She was so lost in daydreaming that he opened his eyes to look at why she suddenly seemed quiet.

"Hmm? what's wrong..?" He asked while tilting his head a little.

"Uh- Nothing" she shook her head, earning a chuckled from him.

"Come on, let's listen together." He said and pulled Y/n to lean back, having her head on his shoulder. 

"There. Close your eyes and nap if you need." He looked at her and pats her head.

She blushed but smiled, closing her eyes and listening to the song while he did the same and closed his eyes.

"Cherry Blossom..huh?" He whispered and smiled.

"Hm?" she looked up at him and he looked back.

"You smell sweet like a Cherry blossom." He grinned cutely. "What shampoo do you use?" He blurted out.

'What shampoo??? Really?' He thought, facepalming himself in his head.

She blushed harder and looked down, playing with her hands. He too blushed in embarrassment before looking up and smiling.

"But hey, i didn't lie there. You are sweet." He looked at her and scoffed. "You know, this isn't the first time i noticed this but, cherry blossom reminds me of you a lot. You're both alike...beautiful to see and can make anyone smile instantly." 

Y/n gasped and covered her mouth with her hands, almost tearing up. 

"Tada-kun...that was the best compliment I've ever received."

"R-really...?" He chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

Later after the class, Y/n waited out of Yachi's class since she decided to tag along with her to the gym, curious to see why Y/n is super excited and loved going there. 

By the time they reached, everyone was already busy with their practice, but stopped once they noticed Yachi and Y/n, running over towards them.

"Who's this, Yn..?" Hinata smiled.