Chapter 5 - Sleepover

Yamaguchi and Y/n went around the whole school, putting up the teacher's notice around different boards and they are currently on their way to the last one.

"Finally...last one left." Yamaguchi walked sluggishly and said.

"Sorry to keep you busy like this, I wouldn't have told you to help me if I knew you didn't like i-"

"No no I didn't mean it in that way! It's just, there were lots of people around here." He grunted.

She giggled and nodded. "Yes but, the good thing is that there is no one in this hallway, so, that's basically a good thing, right?"

She said and he looked at her and smiled. 

They soon reached the last board and she handed him the paper to put it up. They looked for the space in the board but it was filled with other notices.

"Uhh.. I think we might not get enough space for this one." Yamaguchi clicked his tongue and Y/n thought for a while before snapping her fingers.

"Let me organize the others to make space." She said and took off all the other notices and organizes them well, before taking the notice from Yamaguchi and placing it on the blank spot.

"There! see?" she smiled proudly and looked at Yamaguchi, who was already staring at her.

She blinked and stared back at him before speaking up.

"What's the matter..?" She asked.

Yamaguchi walked closer to her and looked closely in her eyes.

"I..never knew, that you had beautiful eyes." He muttered while slowly moving one of his hands to cup her cheek.

She blushed hard and froze while she just stared at him.

"You're bluffing..No one has told me that before." She laughed awkwardly but noticed his face get closer to hers.

She instinctively closed her eyes since she could feel her heart beating out of her chest at this point, not being able to decipher what was going on at the moment.

Yamaguchi closed his eyes as well and just as he was about to place his lips on hers, the bell has rung and he opened his eyes, letting go off of her.

"hehe, let's-go back to class now.." he laughed awkwardly and scratched his head as he walked ahead of her with a red tint on his face.

Y/n, on the other hand, stared at him but was sad deep inside, since her expectations were not met. She decided to fake her smile and walk behind him back to class.

Later that day for the evening practice, Y/n and Yamaguchi kept looking at each other from time to time and looked away as soon as they made eye contact. Y/n blushes a little from the small eye contact they occasionally have.

After the practice was done, Y/n went over to Yachi while she and Yamaguchi were packing up and tugged on her sleeve.

"Can i stay over your place tonight..?" She asked.

"Why what's the matter..?" She asked.

"Well, my mother said she will be home late from work today and I left my key at home..." she sighed.

"The always clumsy and forgetful Y/n. " Yachi chuckled but stopped after a while.

"I'm sorry though, I really want to but, my mother is bringing some client over for a meeting so I might not be able to have you over for tonight..." She frowned and told her sadly.

"Oh..It's ok, I understand.." Y/n nods and sighs.

Yamaguchi looks at Y/n pitifully and stepped forward.

"Hey, you can come over to my place, if it's ok..."

He said and both Y/n and Yachi stared at him wide-eyed.

"B-BUT A GUY AND A GIRL STAYING TOGETHER FOR THE NIGHT-" Yachi squealed before having her mouth shut with Yamaguchi placing a hand on her mouth to avoid giving the wrong idea to the other guys around.

"We have no choice!" He whispered to Yachi's ear and slowly took his handoff.

Yachi thought for a while before nodding and looking at Y/n "Take care though..." she said and Y/n smiled in assurance.

Y/n and Yamaguchi walked home together and Yamaguchi unlocked the door, letting her in first once they reached his place.

She entered and looked around the darkroom before he turned on the lights.

"I'm sorry about this, my parents are out of town right now so the place is quiet." He sighed and switched to the indoor slippers.

She smiled and nodded before the little puppy came running to them and she knelt down, taking it in her hands while giggling softly.

"Tada-kun.." She stood up and called out to him, who was going upstairs.

"I.." she trailed off and looked at him. "Forgot to ask for spare clothes from Yachi.."

They both stared blankly at each other, not knowing what to do before Yamaguchi looked down and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I can give you some of mine for tonight." He suggested. "We don't really have a choice now, do we?" 

She looks at him as he smiled at her, calling her to follow him to his bedroom.

He looked around in his closet and took out a pair of shirt and volleyball shorts.

He looked at it for a while before blushing in embarrassment of not having anything better for her.

"Ah- I think this is going to.. I mean...I don't know if you'd like to wear these though.."

He said and walked over to her, who grabbed the clothes and smiled at him. "Thank you, it'll be fine." 

He nodded with a smiled and pointed to the bathroom so she can go and get changed. 

A little while later he was downstairs in the kitchen, searching for something to eat when he heard her voice from the doorway of the kitchen.

"Do you need help..?" she asked.

"No I-" He looked at her and had his jaw dropped upon how perfect she looked in her clothes with her hair tied up in a small bun.

He realized he was staring at her for quite some time and looked away blushing.

"Hm..? What happened..?" she asked while tilting her head.

"N-nothing..you look good in those.." He blushed and shut his eyes close.

She blushed and looked away, biting her lip.

'she looks so cute...' He thought to himself as he looked at her to catch another glimpse of her before looking away again.

"Dinner will be ready in a short while, why don't you wait in the living room..?" He told with a small smile before she nodded and went back outside to the couch.