The Girl Who Made Out With Cate Blanchett - Chapter Nineteen

I gulp, barely remembering what I want to say as Cate's warm breath caresses my face. Her ocean blue eyes stare at me expectantly.

I clear my throat.

"Well, I met this girl and from the moment I saw her I knew that I was in love. I was completely drawn to her and to me she really was, the most beautiful person on earth."

I pause and look at Cate until her intense gaze becomes too much for me I avert my gaze to the floor, proceeding with my story.

"And...And from that second, I knew that I couldn't and would not defame the feelings I had or ignore them. I knew that this was love and that I wanted this love to be reciprocated more than anything in the world."

While saying this last sentence I held eye contact with Cate. Her lips curled into a soft smile and her eyes watered. The woman's body is so near to me that I can feel the heat of her body tingling on my skin. After my last sentence, we both kept silent. Now it is me, whose glances are filled with eager anticipation.

Cate shifts a bit closer and I gaze at her anxiously. Her smile grows wider with every second I look at her.

"What?" I breathe out.

She chuckles "Nothing"

Then her blond waves cover her face as she leans over me and lowers her mouth to mine. Her lips crash on mine and I lose all sense of reality. My hands engulf her face and I pull her head towards me, wanting her as close to me as possible. I can feel the weight of her body pressing on mine with the pull but I don't care. This is literally all I could think about these past few weeks. I am aware that she must share my sentiments, as our kiss is intense and almost desperate. It feels like we have to compensate all the hours we have lost with this one kiss. After this long embrace, Cate, with her hands cupping my cheeks and out of breath, places small pecks all over my face. I smile and draw her into another kiss.

Then Cate breathes against my ear "Why didn't I do this earlier?"

I push Cate down on the blanket and roll over her. Between small kisses I answer

"Well... I don't... know. Maybe I... would have... initiated something... but you telling me to go and leave you... didn't exactly boost my confidence."

Cate stops kissing me and draws back.

Shit. Why do I have to ruin everything?

Her eyes, a second ago, raw with desire now stare back at me sincerely. I take her hand and scoot a bit closer.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I know you had your reasons for doing this. I'm so sorry, I don't know what I said. I'm stupid. I shouldn't have brought this up now so untactfully."

Cate looks on the ground but her hand squeezes mine.

Edging to her as close as I can, I take one of her blond waves and tuck it behind her ear.

"I'm sorry. Please look at me, I don't want to ruin this"

Cate lifts her head, her blue eyes look at me and I can see how they start filling up with tears.

She sighs, "Look at me sitting here listening to you apologizing to me when I am the one who should apologize-"

"No, please-"I try to intervene but she puts a finger on my lips.

"Ada please let me say this. I feel like I should have said this a long time ago. I am sorry for sending you away and then ignoring you and not communicating with you. I owe you an explanation."

With every word she uttered, the intensity with which her hand squeezed mine grows.

I gulp and then I ask