Part four

HIS HANDS STOPPED as they could the collision. Draco and Annelisse's gazes met for a second, both of them realizing what —or rather who— they had collided with.

Draco frowned and could not help but think, again? While Annelisse was thinking more about, shit, now what will he say to me? Both separated observing each other suspiciously.

"You here again?" He said trying to sound annoyed. He was not at all, he just did not understand why that girl had come back.

"I'm not here for pleasure." She answered. Draco looked at her confused for an instant, not understanding her words. She sighed before speaking again "The door— won't open."

Draco raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Have you forgotten how to open doors?"

"It's not that! It can't be opened, it's closed." She said that last more calmly. She did not like to get upset but she was not used to being treated that way either.

Draco pushed her away without saying a word while rolling his eyes and started down the stairs, heading towards the Astronomy classroom. As he was doing it, he was thinking about things like, Can this girl really can't open a damn door? Or, She is not aware that wands exist?

Annelisse followed Draco silently, hoping he could open the door and escape from there. Not that she hated Draco or was afraid of him, she just did not like the way he spoke to her. She truly believed that Draco Malfoy was bad at the moment and she did not want to be around him because of his rudeness.

When he reached the door, he tried to open it, but like Annelisse, he did not achieve any success. He tried, as did she, several times and nothing.

"Give me your wand." He said seriously, stretching out his arm a little for her to give it to him.

"I don't have my wand." She responded and instantly pressed her lips together, closing her eyes, waiting for his reaction.

He turned around, surprised "What do you mean you don't have your wand?"

"Well, I don't have it." Annelisse tried to sound indifferent.

"Who would go around without it's wand?" He raised his voice a little at the same time as his hands, looking at her with some annoyance.

"I was coming to ask for yours to get us out of here!"

As soon as he heard those words, Draco realized. His expression changed completely, becoming serious and almost even a little scared. The wand, he thought.

"What?" Annelisse asked, not understanding his face at the time. She was watching him somewhat terrified, unsure. She had never seen Draco Malfoy with that face, so pale.

"I don't have my wand." He answered almost in a whisper but it was audible to her. He broke away from the door, beginning to walk through the classroom, cursing himself.

"Who would go around without it's wand?" She repeated his words, mockingly mimicking him as she followed him.

These, made him stop and turn to her angrily "Don't talk to me like that." He answered dryly, squinting at her with his finger pointing at Annelisse.

"No, you don't talk to me like that! I'm a person, just like you!" She frowned again, this time somewhat offended by Draco's words, ponting him with a finger too. It was definitely the first time she had to deal with someone so complicated and she was quite taken aback by the whole situation.

The two looked at each other for several seconds, challenging each other with their gaze. Draco found it curious the way she did not look away from him, the way she challenged him with it, while Annelisse kept thinking about how rude and foul-mouthed that boy turned out to be.

After a few seconds, Draco looked away, still serious on his face. "Whatever. I'm not going to put up with you here. I couldn't bear to put up with a Hufflepuff."

"How do you know which house I'm from?" Draco, at that question, could not help but smile sideways.

"Look at you. Scruffy, with that typical Hufflepuff face, as if butter wouldn't melt in your mouth. Your way of talking..." He held out his finger to her "And maybe because you wear the shield on your sweater."

Annelisse pressed her lips together almost pouting, feeling a bit silly and she slapped his pointing finger away from her.

"Very clever, Malfoy." She replied ironically.

"I do what I can." He rolled his eyes to her as he shrugged "And now, leave me alone, will you?" He looked at her one last time, almost threatening, before turning and heading once more toward the tower. The last thing Draco wanted was to have to spend the last day of school locked up with a Hufflepuff girl.

For Annelisse, it was not the best setting in the world either. She would never have imagined having to be locked up with Draco Malfoy in the same place. Just thinking about it, a chill ran through her entire body. She watched Draco go while she thought about what she was going to do next. They had no wands and she had no idea how to get out of there.

A meow snapped her out of her thoughts, causing her to look down. She saw Buttons looking at her attentively and she snorted, putting her hands on her waist. "Such a mess you made, huh?" She told him, to which the cat responded with another meow and began to rub against her. Annelisse was looking at him incredulously, raising an eyebrow "Now you come to me, after all that you have made me chase you?" She spoke to him again.

Often she did it, as if he were a person, as if the cat could understand her and sometimes, she even felt that Buttons understood her, which she liked. Despite having a somewhat complicated relationship with him due to his constantly escapades, Buttons and Annelisse had a unique relationship.