Part sixteen

NEITHER OF THEM had been able to see each other again yesterday and they both felt sad about it. It's not that he had not tried, Draco got up that night and went to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, hoping that —by some chance and just like him— Annelisse had not been able to rest that night and be there, but she, that day no longer left her room thinking that Draco had left Hogwarts.

Sadly, the morning had come, neither of them had managed to meet the other and it was time to leave for the Hogwarts Express. Soon their paths would part and that made them sad.

Being from different years, they could not go to the train with the same group of carriages and by the time they got to the train, there was no way for Draco to find her with so many people in there.

Annelisse had arrived at the Hufflepuff carriage with Thaddeus and Mittie,  they always went together when they caught the Hogwarts Express. They got into a compartment and left all their things.

"Ugh, I think I'm going to rest the whole way. I haven't stopped pacing tonight." Annelisse snorted and sat up.

"No wonder, anyone couldn't sleep with the day you had yesterday." Mittie answered raising an eyebrow.

"Is someone going to explain to me what the hell happened yesterday?" Thaddeus said. Both, Annelisse and Mittie, gave a little laugh.

"I promise I'll tell you about it but now I need to rest." She said without much eagerness.

She felt strange since that happened and just wanted to see Draco again.

Annelisse lay down, resting her head on Mittie's lap, and settled down to rest. As it was a long journey, she could do it without problems. Mittie stroked her hair, making her relax and closed her eyes.

Unknowingly, on the other side of the train, Draco was entering the Slytherin carriage and sat next to his friends as he always did, although this time it was different. He enjoyed their presence. After all, they were the only ones who had been with him over the years without caring about his bad attitudes.

But something worried him.

The fact that he hadn't seen her again made him wonder if everything that had happened had been real or if everything had been the product of his imagination. He didn't understand how such a perfect girl like Annelisse could exist and that she had taken an interest in him.

"Draco." Pansy called him, pulling him out of his thoughts and observed her "You've been away for a long time, are you okay?"

He took a few seconds to respond. He did not know what to say really, did not know how he was. Draco was comfortable with them, but in a way, he felt lost without Annelisse's presence.

"Yes, I was just thinking." He finally answered.

At that moment, he wished he had accepted that position as prefect at the beginning of the year. If he had, now he could have been closer to Hufflepuff's carriage and escaped to see her, under the excuse of being a prefect.

Then, the train left for London at full speed. A long journey ahead to King's Cross station awaited them.

The hours of the trip passed quickly for Annelisse, unlike Draco, to whom he seemed like an eternity. He had decided to quickly get off the train to try to look for her once more at the station. Not being able to see her completely for almost a day had made him a little desperate.

When Annelisse woke up, she felt a little better. She had gotten all the rest she had not been able to last night. She had dreamed of Draco and that, she like it.