Part twenty one

▪︎ With Wings – Amy Stroup

THEY SMILED widely with happiness in their eyes for what happened, neither felt strange, like they were destined.  Draco caressed her cheek for a second with his thumb and leaned in once more to place a small kiss on her lips.

"Let's go back to the party."  He said quietly.

Annelisse smiled and they both left Draco's room, not realizing that they were holding hands. They went downstairs to join the party again and as soon as they arrived, almost collided with Narcissa, to which they were both surprised, almost frightened.

"Mother."  Draco managed to say.

Narcissa lowered her gaze and raised an eyebrow, surprised by what she was seeing. Her son holding hands with a girl.  The two of them looked too, realizing that their hands were intertwined and —because of embarrassment—, they separated their hands and cleared their throat.

"You must be Annelisse, right?"  She said softly, smiling at her.

"Yes ma'am."  She responded politely and her cheeks were still somewhat red from what had just happened in front of Draco's mother.

"I really wanted to meet you."

"Mother." Draco called her, trying to stop her but she ignored him.

"You are wearing a beautiful dress and a very beautiful necklace."  To which Annelisse could not think of anything other than whether if her mother knew it was a gift from Draco.

"Thank you."  She said shyly.

"In a few minutes we will inaugurate the Ball, are you going to dance?"

"I owe him a dance so I guess we will."  She shot a quick glance at Draco, smiling.

"See you later, okay? Enjoy."  She said goodbye to them with a smile and left them alone.

After that, Draco sighed heavily in relief.

"Sorry, I didn't think—"

"It's fine, Draco. She's good, I like her."

"Though Pansy and the others will surely show up now."

"Draco!"  Said Pansy's voice out loud in the distance.

"What did I tell you ..." he whispered to Annelisse, who could not help but laugh.

Pansy finished approaching and everyone was coming with her.  She looked at the couple and smirked.

"Lisse, this is Pansy."  Draco introduced them "Pansy, this is Annelisse."

The two girls smiled and Pansy hugged her, which caught Annelisse by surprise, letting out a little 'Oh' between the hug.

"Sorry, I really wanted to meet you."  She apologized. Draco shot her a bad look.

"And they are Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle."  She finished presenting.

"Idiot, tell her the names."  She scolded Draco and sighed "Blaise, Vincent and Gregory."

"We finally meet Malfoy's girlfriend."  Blaise blurted out, causing both Draco and Annelise to feel embarrassed.

"How silly you are, Blaise." Pansy slapped him on his chest with her hand, rolling her eyes. He complained of pain.

"Zabini, the food's over for you."  Draco said.

"Hey!"

Annelisse, faced with such a situation, started to laugh.  All of them were interrupted by the sound of a glass. It was Draco's parents, drawing the attention of the guests.