Homeless?

The grip on Amber's shoulder loosened causing her to run a couple of feet only to fall flat on her face.

"Are you okay?" A man asks walking towards Amber carefully.

"You look lost, what are you doing out here alone?" He asks more questions feeling very worried for the young girl.

Amber stared up at the man her eyes becoming watery; the man notices and crouches down to her height, smiling softly at the young girl.

"Yeah there, see I am not trying to hurt you," He says softly.

Amber nods slowly not sure what to do or say.

"Shit, you have a fever!" He swears under his breath.

The man pulled off his big red old worn out jacket and then nodded at Amber as he pushed it over the young girl's head, After Amber moved some hair from her face she noticed something, the trolley behind the man, he was homeless. He has nothing and yet he was willing to help a stranger.

"Sir, c-could you p-please help me," Amber stuttered out as his eyes softened.

"How about we go to the police station? We can work everything out there." The man says turning around starting to push his trolley.

"Where a-a-are we, sir?" She asked her teeth chattering against each other.

"You are in the middle of central park." He says politely.

The walk was slow due to Amber's tiredness, the man couldn't help but feel bad and after asking for what felt like the millionth time Amber had finally accepted to sit in the trolley.

"Please call me Toby." The man says as he helped Amber into the trolley, not minding pushing it with her inside.

"O-okay, my name is A-Amber." She said fighting the urge to close her eyes as she leaned back.

Bryan jumps out of the car pulling his gun from the glove box and into his jacket. Jed's eyes widen at the sight stumbling out of the car a hint of fear in his eyes.

"Where are you going?" Jed asks catching up to Bryan.

"Check all the alleyways I am going to check the park," Bryan mumbles.

Jed nods and starting searching for Amber.

It was only when Jed heard a gunshot he began to run towards the park in horror.