Kicked Down Again

A sharp pain flowed over Amber's cheek as she collapsed. Peering up through the screen of her messy brown hair she stared as her father tried to steady himself.
"She giving you a hard time?" He questions.
Jed shook his head, shrugging.

Bryan stared down at his daughter as she crawled backwards in fear. He stared down at her for a brief moment before shaking his head in disappointment.
"You look just like your disgusting mother." He said anger flashing across his face.
"Don't speak that way about mother." Amber mumbled, only seconds later to have her father's hand harshly gripping her chin.
"What did you just say?" The alcohol on his breath made the poor young girls stomach swirl.

"Don't speak that way about my mother!" She spat feeling sick.
Bryan wiped his face with his other arm roughly letting go of his daughter's chin causing her to fall backwards.
"You need to learn some manners!"

Before Amber could even stand, her father kicked her. He grabbed her by the arm and pushed her face into the concrete, placing his black boot on the side of her face.
"Please stop I am sorry!" She begged.
But he just ignored her, taking his belt off. Amber struggled and cried as he whipped her with his belt. The pain Amber went through was horrendous...

Blood covered her back as she laid there and counted each and every whip. Amber was tiny no matter how much she tried to fight Bryan would always win. Bryan abusing and slashing any part of his daughter's body he wanted. She just wished for the darkness would take over she couldn't bear any of the pain.

"Maybe uh you should stop? Bryan? Uh, stop it!" Jed stepped in, grabbing Bryan pulling him away. Amber had curled up into a little ball to cry but her father ruined it by gripping his daughter's arm tugging her limp body up. Pushing Amber into Jed's arms like he was tossing him some trash.
"You take care of her I am going out," Bryan said as he kissed his daughter's cheek, acting as though he hadn't just beat her seconds before. Then finally, he left.

Jed picked her limp body up bridal style and carried her into the bathroom attached to the basement room. He placed Amber down next to the sink then got a cloth and washed some hot water on it. She just sat there staring at the wall as she cried. Flinching as he started to take her bra off as her shirt was torn off during all of the commotion.

"What are you doing?" She hissed quickly going to move away but ended up crying out in pain. She bit down hard on her bottom lip, trying to quiet herself. He sighed as he pinched the back of the bra pulling it off. Amber covered her breast making sure he doesn't see anything.

"Don't worry I won't do anything." He said with another sigh as he started to wash the cuts that covered her back. He continued washing the cloth and started to dab on some sort of stuff on it while Amber kept her head down.
"Take my hand," He demanded.
She looked in the corner of her eye at his hand, confused. He rolled his eyes and gripped her hand. She quickly tried to pull away wanting two hands to cover up her front.

"Oh shut up! This is going to hurt." He said as he started to dab the cloth on the slashes and cuts. Causing her to flinch and acknowledge his kindness of allowing her to hold his hand. After a little bit, he helped Amber put a new shirt on not bothering about the bra as it was too painful. Jed then helped her back to bed before leaving to go do god knows what. That night Amber's pillow drowned in my tears.