I Don't want to know

"Get the fuck up!"

Amber's eyes burst open as a hand gripped her arm pulling her from her warm bed only for her body to bounce harshly against the chilled cement. Her eyes darted around the dark room to land only to fall on her father. Amber scrambled backwards as she caught a glimpse of her father's displeased stern face. He knelt down in front of his daughter, thoughts ran through the young girl's head as if to wherever or not hit his stuck up nose or not. She flinched slightly as he started to speak breaking her thoughts.

"You better listen up brat! These are the rules you must follow!" He spat at his daughter's face.

"Why do I-" Amber didn't even get halfway through her sentence before her father cut in.
"Shut up! You need to learn your place!" He groaned rolling his eyes as he tried to find his footing. "You are now going to address Jed and I, as sir! Nothing else, unless we say so." He stopped speaking as he stared down at his daughter; she nodded quickly. But apparently that wasn't good enough as her father snaked his hand around her neck, grabbing a fist of her hair yanking.

"Sorry what did you say?" He yelled.
Tears formed in her eyes as she answered. "Yes, sir."
He chuckled as he released his hand from her hair.
"You must keep your head down unless we say otherwise! I am sick of seeing your ugly face." He gripped the girl's chin harshly before pushing her head away in disgrace.

"Why are you doing this father-" Before Amber could finish she stopped herself as she caught a glimpse of her fathers raised hand ready to hit.

"Sorry sir, please forgive me, sir." She gripped onto her shirt as her body shook in fear; her head slightly bowed.

"That's more like it.." Bryan snickered.
Her breathing finally had calmed down as she heard her father stand up and walk out.
"You can look up now," Jed said.
Lifting her head, Amber flinched away as she saw Jed's stern face. He always looked too unhappy, so mean yet his actions were different; everything about Jed confused Amber.

He slowly reached for Amber's chin and cupped it lifting her head a little more ever so gentle. Jed would change his mood and emotions with the blink of an eye. He crawled closer to her while Amber backed off a little only for Jed's arm to reach out gripping her wrist with great force causing her to let out a small whimper.

"Shh," he ordered. Amber bit her lip staring at the ground while his eyes intensely burned holes into her as his thoughts ran wild. Loosening his grip he cupped the girl's cheek with a small smile. Tilting his head he withdraws himself from the deep trance he had just been in seconds ago and stands to run a hand through his hair, his eye closing for a brief moment.

"I will be back in a bit." He mumbles strolling out of the room, his emotions hidden from the world.

a;&