Don't Call Me That

Over the past week, Amber had found out Jed had been drugging her. She only got one small meal every day or so but she knows for a fact it has sleeping pills in it making her constantly feel weak and drowsy. Every time she wakes up, Jed is either staring at her with another meal pumped up with drugs or she is in her bed alone in the darkness of the basement. Amber Peeled open her eyes as she rolled over onto her left side staring down at the door. She fought within herself wherever or not to let her eyes drop close or not. They were so heavy but she also couldn't bare the thought of having yet another nightmare.

The images of being held down as Jed stitched up her heavily bleeding arm with an everyday sewing kit is not something Amber would want to relive. Opening her eyes, she hadn't realised she had closed them she saw Jed. He placed a food tray on her bedside table like normal. Without a second thought, the young girl gripped his shirt not to scream at him for hurting her, not to hit him, not to try and beg him to let her go... But simply, to just want him to stay with her. She couldn't handle the darkness anymore. Tears welled up in her eyes as she stared up at him.

"Please stay with me, everyone leaves me! I don't understand? Please!" Amber's voice trembled.

Jed panicked he didn't know what to say. He had been giving Amber doses of sleeping pills as both Bryan and himself had been looking for buyers. They had already five men come see her while she was unconscious but they all had something they disapproved of. They either said she was not what they were looking for or Bryan was asking for too much.

Jed shook his head just staring at the girls big brown eyes just made him want to hug her and help her get away. But he was in way too deep he needed to get the money and get out. That was it, nothing more nothing less. There was always other fish in the sea.

"Uh, Life can be a bitch, I am sure it will get better, Amber" He mumbled.

The door closes once again leaving her alone. A lump forms in her throat as it feels as though she was being strangled. Her vision becomes blurry as tears block her view. Once again she was alone and crying.

"Rise and Shine." Amber opened her eyes slowly sitting up she saw her father. It feels as though she hadn't seen him in ages, she hadn't seen him since her near death experience; not that she was complaining. Looking at her father standing next to the door she felt a wave of fear wash over her.

"What do you say?" He says with his morning husky voice and a cocky smirk.

"Good morning sir," Amber says holding back the yawn.

"Good now make your bed." He says and takes a seat on an old chair nearby the bed.

"Could you be any slower? God, you are hopeless." He spits pushing himself off the seat before shoving his daughter to the ground.

She bit her lip standing up from the fall only to have her father once again push her down.

"Go on stand up." He smirked.

Amber stared at him from the ground lowering her head. Finally, she stood up.

"Did you think I was going to push you?" Her father asked pulling up her chin rather roughly.

Amber stayed quiet as her father stared at her the room falling to complete silence before her father once again pushes his daughter to the ground.

"Don't trust people in this world. I trusted your mother and now look where that got me." He huffed

"Anyway, we are having another guest you know the drill." He said walking out.

Amber jumps a little as she hears a knock on the door.

"Bryan is showing the man out, how is your cheek?"

She shook her head. "It's fine."

Jed stares at the girl before walking towards her.

"Anyway, it's been awhile since you have had a good meal so I brought you some food..." Jed says with a shrug acting as though he didn't care. But he did. He didn't like hurting the innocent, but life makes you do cruel things. A small smile formed on Amber's lips as she could smell the chicken soup. Looking up at Jed with a now bright smile he nodded his head to tell her to go on.

"I couldn't help myself, I am sorry sir," Amber says with her head leaned over the toilet.

"Next time try not to eat so fast," Jed says with a hint of worry in his voice.