Chapter Three

"Who are you?" Amber questioned grabbing her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Does it matter?"

"Where is my father? Why am I down here?"

"I guess you aren't hungry?" He shrugged, turning back towards the door. Amber stumbled forward in a hurry.

"No please wait!"

He turned back around with a smirk on his face it was then Amber noticed a plate of peanut butter toast and an apple. So simple, yet it brought a smile to Amber's face. She gazed at the stranger as he walked towards her ever so casually. He placed the plate on the floor taking a seat next to her, his legs crossed. She was hesitant, reaching for the toast before the apple. Peaking out of the corner of her eye she started to take in his features. He didn't look very old, maybe early twenties. Long straight black hair tied terribly in a messy ponytail, stubble surrounded his jawline and chin and finally some ocean blue eyes that were staring directly back at her.

"You know it's rude to stare, little girl." He chuckled, running his tongue along his bottom lip, his eyes roaming over Amber's body. It felt as though he was mentally undressing her. Amber's head snapped back to the half-eaten toast her hunger suddenly vanishing.

As cute as it is, you getting all flustered I expect an answer when I am speaking to you, darling."

Amber kept her mouth shut, her mind drifting; pondering over how she could get herself out of this place. She was so out of it she hadn't noticed the man beside her start to physically shake in anger. Slapping the toast from her hand made it fly across the room. He grabbed the girls hands pushing her down onto the mattress. Amber started to cry, kicking her legs and pleading.

"Please stop that hurts, stop! I am sorry! I am sorry, sorry." Amber begged like a baby no backbone to be found.

"You will need to do better than that princess." He leaned in close whispering to her ear making the girl shiver. Grabbing the girl and flipping her onto the mattress using his body weight to hold the girl down he held her hands above her head.

"I am sorry for not paying attention." She hiccuped fear clouding her vision. She cried more and more, wriggling under the man she found it hard to breathe; he was twice her size.

"Now that wasn't so hard now was it, sweetheart?" He snickered letting go of her hands and standing to his feet taking the plate with him. Amber scurried away into the corner holding her body close.

"I will be taking care of you for a little. If you want food and water you better behave and don't start that screaming shit again." He said referring to the past three days he spent sleeping on the couch upstairs negotiating with Bryan. Even with the Tv turned up you could still hear her cries for help, only just.

"Got it?"

"Yes." Amber made an extra effort to reply loud enough for him to hear. The man walked to the door before turning around and underarm throwing the apple to the mattress.

"Good girl." He smiled praising the girl." With that he left, locking the door on his way out.