Dinner

The rest of the week went by too fast. Maddy would join me for art class everyday, adding onto my project, I'd have lunch with her and Namjoon, and then she would sit in my lap for his class. 

On Friday I gave her a picture I drew of her and Namjoon sitting at his desk, she loved it so much she demanded that he frame it and hang it up when they got home. 

He did. 
And he sent me a picture of it hanging in their living room 

Namjoon: Maddy wanted you to see it
Me: that's so cute! I'm happy she loves it 🥰 thank you 
Namjoon: thank you, for helping me with her all week 
Me: she's my new best friend. You don't have to thank me for that! I had fun with her, I had fun with you too. 

I facepalmed myself after I hit send, I realized how it probably sounded and scolded myself for being an idiot. 

Namjoon: I did too. 
Namjoon: Addy..
Namjoon: would it be weird of me to ask you to dinner on Saturday night? 
Namjoon: just the two of us? I know I'm your teacher...and if you decline that's okay. I'll understand. 
Namjoon: nevermind. It's totally weird. I'm sorry
Namjoon: I shouldn't have asked. Forgive me. 

I laughed as I started to text him back 

Me: Namjoon, I'd love to go on a date with you on Saturday. Relax. 
Namjoon: seriously 😳 
Me: yes. Casual or fancy? 
Namjoon: casual? Is that okay? I haven't gone on a date in almost six years.. 
Me: I've never been on an actual date 🤷🏻‍♀️ and casual is perfect. Don't stress over it. 
Namjoon: awesome! Just, text me your address and I'll pick you up at..6? 
Me: perfect. 

Time to call Jimin. 

"Hello?"
"Min.. I have a huge problem" 
"I'm not running out for tampons again. I swear the cashier thinks I have a vagina" 
"Whatever. It isn't that. How do you dress casual for a date?"
"You have a date!" 
"I do..with Namjoon.."
"Oh shit! Holy shit! Seriously Addy? That's fucking awesome!" 
"Thanks" I chuckled "I just have no idea what to wear" 
"Hmm.. Black or black?"
"Fuck off" I laughed making him laugh 
"You know your black dress with the thick straps that comes to the knee?"
"Yeah" 
"Wear that, but no fishnets. And instead of boots, wear your flats. It's pretty, and casual" 
"Hair and makeup?"
"Down, wavy, and light makeup. I know you like it thick and dark, but try to lighten it up okay? You'll look perfect" 
"Thanks Jimin. I love you" 
"I love you too, don't forget to text me or call me and give me all of the details!" 
"I will" I laughed as we ended the call, I fell onto my bed and sighed as I stared up at the ceiling. 

Why am I so nervous? 

Namjoon pov

"Mum mum is gonna be here any second kiddo. You ready?"

"I'm ready, but why can't I go with you to see Addy?" 

"Because daddy is going to take her to an adult place for dinner, no kids allowed" 

"But..why? Can't we all go somewhere else together?"

"We will next time, I promise. But for now, daddy is super nervous because I want to be her prince charming" I smiled knowing she would understand then, what I was trying to do. To an extent. 

"Awww daddy" she hugged me tight "You're the best prince charming, just be nice to her and tell her you love her and that she's the most beautifulest girl in the whole wide world!" 

"I will" I laughed as I kissed the top of her head. 

I was so nervous. 

I can still remember the first time she sat down in my class.
I never checked out any of my students before.