Safe Space

Anger.

Confusion. 

Sadness. 

What was a happy day had now turned into my own nightmare. 

What do I do? 

What do I say? 

"You okay babe?" Addy asked me as she wrapped herself around my waist

"I'm okay" I lied and slid my phone into my pocket "can I ask you a huge favor though?"

"Of course" she rested her chin on my chest and looked up at me 

"We have about twenty minutes left. Do you think after that you could take Maddy to your house so I can talk to my parents?"

"Of course Joonie" she smiled "take your time okay?" She stood on her tiptoes and kissed my lips reassuringly 

"Thank you baby" I mumbled and kissed her again 

Everything was cleaned up, presents in my trunk, I buckled Maddy into Addy's yellow bug, kissed them both, and then went to my house. My parents pulled into the driveway behind me, they helped me carry everything in and then sat at the table with me while we sipped on coffee and sat in silence. My phone vibrated and I swallowed a lump in my throat before checking it 

Babylove: can I use kool-aid on Maddy's hair to put temporary color in it? 

I smiled. Maddy wants blue hair like Addy. It's only kool-aid, it'll come out. 

Me: absolutely, have fun ♡ 

"Joon..everything okay?" My mom asked softly

"Yeah, Addy is gonna put kool-aid in Maddy's hair to color it" I smiled "I have no idea how that works" I shook my head "but Maddy is probably over the moon about it" 

"That's so sweet" she cooed with a smile on her face "I'm sure that's not why you asked us here though"

"What's going on Namjoon?" My dad was concerned. It was written all over his face and my heart dropped down to the pit of my stomach, I pulled my phone out and opened it up to the message in question and slid it over to them to read. 

Mom gasped and covered her mouth, my father looked like he was trying to hide his anger but his jaw was clenched tight. 

"What do I do?" 

"We call the lawyer, send him the screenshots, and ask him how to handle it. He's the one that handled the process when she was pregnant, and drew up the legal paperwork. I'm sure he'll know where to go from there" my father said sternly 

"Why now?" I asked out loud "after six fucking years, why now? We've been just fine without her, she's had no issue pretending that Maddy doesn't exist, and now all of a sudden she wants to reach out? And how the fuck would she even expect me to tell Maddy? Oh just 'your mom says happy birthday' that would fuck her up so bad" I shook my head "she doesn't want her mother and she sure as fuck doesn't need her." 

"Aww baby, I kn-"

"No. No you don't. You guys are my parents and you guys do so much for us and I know you were there every step of the way through the sleepless nights of teething and studying for exams, and keeping my 4.0 GPA, and I'll never ever on my life take that away from you guys. Ever. But I'm her father, I'm her parent, I'm her rock, I'm her everything just as much as she is mine. And I feel threatened by a fucking text message. She will not under any fucking circumstance even get a glimpse of my fucking daughter"