Honored

Everyone ate dinner together before singing happy birthday to me, Maddy sat in my lap and blew out my candles making me laugh as she told me to make a wish.

"Daddy! I want the first piece!"

"I'll fight you for it!" Jimin said teasingly making her giggle as he reached over and tickled her sides making her squirm around in my lap

"Min! Stop!" She giggled and squealed trying to fight back while the rest of us laughed, Namjoon cut and served the cake while my mom dished out the ice cream 

"What happened to your knees?" Namjoon's father asked her as we ate our dessert 

"I fell" she pouted "but Addy had bandaids and cleaning stuff so we didn't have to come home" 

"Aww that's so sweet of you Addison" his mom cooed 

Jimin playfully gasped "Addy gave you some of my special bandaids?"

"Yup!" She smiled wide and mischievously "they're all mine! Addy said so"

"How rude!" He pouted making her laugh 

"She gave me a lollipop too!"

"The red one?" He gasped making her laugh harder 

"Uh huh" she giggled and nodded her head 

"Oh you are both so in for it" he teased her making her laugh 

Namjoon and I had met each other's mothers, but this was the first time we were meeting each other's fathers. Looking at mister Kim you could easily see the similarities between him and Namjoon, but Namjoon got his mothers eyes and jaw dropping dimples. Both men were tall, tan, dark hair, brown eyes, their stature similar, you could tell his father was a built man just like him but age had softened him up a bit. 

Not gonna lie, if that's what Namjoon is gonna look like when he's older, I look forward to it. 

His father was a lot nicer to me than I thought he'd be. He had asked me the typical "getting to know you" questions but didn't once make me feel like I was being interrogated or judged. 

My father, good grief. 
My father thinks he's a comedian, like everything that falls past his lips is the funniest thing ever said. He's sarcastic, funny, witty, and a bit of a ball buster. He had everyone laughing the entire time and even though he had asked Namjoon a few questions, I think he just tried to keep it light and funny. Mom had told me that she had let him know in advance Namjoon was my professor and that he had a daughter. 

Which by the way, Maddy loved my dad. 

He's a big dude, overweight, broad, facial hair, he's like a knock off version of Santa clause. But he is a sweetheart, very loving, supportive, sweet, and Maddy took a liking to him immediately. He let her lead him through the house and talk his ear off about anything and everything she wanted. 

It was beautiful to watch. 

I felt honored being in the same room with all of these amazing and kind hearted people. 

"Maddy, I packed your bag for you and it's almost time to go" Mrs Kim smiled

"I'm sleeping over!" She cheered 

"Yes ma'am, I'll bring you home tomorrow after dinner"

"Yes! Sleep over!" She jumped up and down making me laugh 

"Lucky! You get to go have fun with mom mom and pop pop!" Namjoon teased and pinched her cheek, he turned around and made sure to shoot me a wink before picking up her bag