Chapter 17: Future Heroes

"So let me get this straight"

Uraraka said trying to wrap her head around what Midoriya just told her.

"All For One, that guy All-Might beat at Kamino Ward is a long time supervillain who basically used to rule Japan"

Midoriya nodded.

"And his quirk was the ability to steal or pass on quirks"

Midoriya nodded again.

"And he gave his quirkless little brother a quirk to stockpile power, but it turns out the brother had the ability to pass on quirks, and so the two powers combined and that's how One For All was born.  It was passed down from hero to hero until All-Might gave it to you"

She breathed out a sigh of relief.

"So how did I do?"

Midoriya beamed at her and took her hand again.

"Perfect.  I'm impressed you got all of that in one go"

She smiled back, but then frowned and dropped his hand.

"I'm honored you told me, but why would you assume that I would judge you or think less of you?"

Midoriya hung his head in embarrassment. 

"Well because, I was technically born quirkless. I just thought people would think I was some kind of weakling or fake hero"

Uraraka scooped her fingers under his chin, making him look up at her. 

"Deku, you may not have been born with the strength of a hero, but you were born with the heart of one.  Your courage and selflessness amaze me and it's a big part of why I fell in love with you.  You are a real hero, regardless of your origin. At the very least, you're my hero"

She bent down and kissed him.

"It's about damn time!" 

They jumped apart and looked to the door.  Kirishima walked in to the room followed by Ashido, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Iida.  Mina was sobbing into her boyfriends shirt repeating the phrase "It finally happened"

"So when did this happen?"

Yaoyorozu pointed at the blushing couple still holding hands. 

"Um uh about ten minutes ago" 

Midoriya replied awkwardly, making everyone laugh.

"Nice going man I knew you could do it"

Kirishima grinned, slapping him on the shoulder, making Uraraka turn even more red.

"So uh, what happened last night.  I remember fighting Dr. Garaki, then waking up here"

Midoriya asked, steering the conversation to something less embarrassing.  Ashido opened her mouth to ask more questions by Kirishima shook his head. 

"I melted through the steel barrier the villain put up to separate us and we found both of you unconscious.  Your leg was so messed up, the only way it would return to a normal state was to have Aizawa bring in Eri and rewind it" 

Todoroki replied stepping forward.  

"And while Iida was rushing you to the hospital, the rest of the UA teachers and police showed up.  They were mad and scolded us for coming alone without telling them, but Shinso brainwashed Vlad King into revealing himself as a traitor.  It was so smooth even I didn't see it coming"

Kirishima added.

Midoriya chuckled, then he noticed Ashido's hand covered in gauze, Kirishima's cast on his wrist, and Todoroki's bandages.