Epilogue Part 5

Eight Years Later

"Welcome everyone to this year's hero rankings!" 

It was that time of year when the Hero Billboard Chart would be posted, and every hero could see how much they improved (or lack of improvement).  Last year, Deku made it to number four while Bakugo and Todoroki made seven and eight.  Kirishima held the number ten spot, and the rest of their classmates were all ranked inside the top fifty (besides Mineta). Endeavor, Hawks, and Gang Orca had maintained the top three for years, but they were well past their prime and old age had started to catch up with them (well all except Hawks who was in his late thirties by now).

"ALL RIGHT EVERYONE WHO'S READY FOR SOME RAAAAAAAANKINGS"

"Hey I know that voice!"

Kirishima pipped up from his seat.  Present Mic walked onstage and grabbed the microphone. He and Aizawa have been retired pros for a few years now, but his quirk was still perfect for making big announcements.  After almost an hour of rankings, they finally got to the top ten.  

"And the number ten ranked hero is... URAVITY ONE OF MY FORMER STUDENTS!"

Ochaco couldn't believe her ears.  Last year she ranked among the high twenties and now she was in the top ten.  Everyone from 1-A cheered loudly as she made her way onto the stage.  Looking into the crowd, she spotted her husband who was giving her a standing ovation. 

"The number nine ranked hero is... GANG ORCA!"

"Can't believe I dropped six spaces"

Gang Orca grumbled to himself as he joined Uraraka on stage.  Soon they were finally at the big three.  Hawks had been ranked sixth and Endeavor fourth, so everyone was craning to see which heroes would take the top three spots. 

"Coming in at number three we have.....SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Todoroki walked on stage showing no emotion like he always did and looked out at the crown with a blank expression on his face.  

"I always knew you would surpass me son"

Endeavor flashed a rare smiled but Todoroki just ignored him.

"Jeez it's like a class 1-A reunion up here isn't it"

Present Mic joked, but he wasn't wrong.  Besides Gang Orca, Endeavor, and Hawks, everyone else in the top ten so far had come from class 1-A.  Tokoyami had even ranked higher than his former boss.  

"Anyway coming in at number two we have..... KING EXPLOSION MUDER GOD DYNAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTEEEEEEEEE"

The audience roared with laughter as Bakugo angrily made his way on stage. He hated being runner up and you could see sparks flying from his clenched fist. Present Mic snapped his fingers and the lights cut out besides a single spotlight.

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.  The new number one hero in all of japan is...."

Everyone was on their feet in anticipation.

"DEKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Everyone screamed in excitement as Midoriya made his way onstage waving to the crowd.  He had finally done it.  He had accomplished his dream and fulfilled his promise to his mentor.  He only wished All-Might was able to be here with him. Present Mic handed him the microphone and walked offstage.  

"Thank you thank you.  It was always my dream as a little boy to be standing here before you all.  Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way and made this whole thing possible.  My lovely wife Uravity, you have been my rock and my soul.  I wouldn't be the hero I am today without you, and to a special unnamed person, I wouldn't even be a hero at all if it wasn't for you, so thank you for everything"

He was struggling to keep his composure.

"I'll strive to make this world a better place.  A world where everyone is always smiling without fear.  I am here now and I'm not going anywhere"

The crowd erupted into applause as the ceremony ended. 

"Hey Midoriya, a bunch of us are going downtown to celebrate you should come too!"

Kirishima ran up to him after they had all changed and were ready to leave.  

"Aw thanks Kirishima, but there's something important that I must do" 

Midoriya replied. 

"Awww man! Well then I'll see you at work Mr. number one hero!"

Kirishima playfully nudged him with his elbow as he ran off to find his friends.  Midoriya turned and walked off alone into the night.  He walked for miles until he finally arrived at the cemetery.  He wandered the grounds until he found the headstone he was looking for.

Here lies Toshinori Yagi

All-Might

The Symbol of Peace

"I did it All-Might.  Because of everything you have done for me, after everything you have sacrificed, I have finally become the number one hero.  I hope to live up to your name and become worthy of the title Symbol of Peace.  I will do my best to save everyone with smile just like you taught me" 

He knelt down and placed a bouquet of flowers on the grave before lightly resting his hand on the headstone. 

"I knew I'd find you here"

Midoriya turned around to see his wife walking up to him.  

"Am I really that predictable?"

He chuckled.

"Only to me you are" 

She whispered kissing him on the cheek.  They stood in silence, Uraraka rubbing his back while Midoriya looked down at his mentors grave. 

"Let's go home"

He said taking Ochaco's hand as they walked away. 

"I'm so proud of you for becoming the number one hero, and I know he would be too"

Uraraka smiled as she lightly bumped him with her shoulder.  

"I can't believe it myself. It seemed like only yesterday that All-Might had just given me One For All and becoming number one was just a dream.  Now it's really happening" 

Midoriya replied. 

"That's not the only big news of today"

Uraraka smiled and stopped walking for a second, taking both of Midoriya's hands in hers. 

"What are you talking about?"

Midoriya asked confused.

"Deku..... I'm pregnant"