Chapter 18: Finally Together

The sun was already way up in the sky when Midoriya opened his eyes.  He tried to rub his eyes but his arm was weighed down.  He looked over to see a sleeping Uraraka with her head on his chest.  He couldn't help but smile.

She's so adorable.  I'm so lucky to have her

Craning his neck, he looked at the alarm clock, his eyes widened with shock.

11:30 AM!

It was a Saturday so luckily he didn't have school, but he usual never slept in this late.  

W-What should I do?  Do I wake her up or let her keep sleeping?  It is almost eleven, people will probably be wondering where we are

Midoriya kept debating about what he should do when there was a knock on the door before it was slowly opened. 

"Hey Midoriya are you and Ochaco ok? Nobody has seen you guys this-"

Ashido froze seeing the couple in bed together.  It took her a moment to process what she was witnessing before she squealed in delight and whipped out her phone, taking a few pictures before quickly slamming the door closed.  Uraraka stirred under the covers before slowly opening her eyes.  

"Good morning!"

She whispered softly, still cuddling him.  

"How did you sleep?"

Midoriya replied, kissing the top of her head.  

"Like a baby.  I can't remember the last time I slept that good"

Uraraka stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes.

"Ugh what time is it?"

She asked sitting up, then jumped up in surprise when she saw the clock. 

"Damn its almost eleven! People are gonna wonder where we are!"

She threw off the covers and hastily put on her slippers. 

"Um they might already have an idea"

Midoriya chuckled nervously. 

"What do you mean?"

She looked at him confused as she scampered to finish getting ready.  

"Well uh, Ashido might have already stopped by to check in on me and well um"

He trailed off, unable to finish the sentence.  Uraraka buried her face in her hands.  

"Ugh I'm never gonna hear the end of it"

She sighed in defeat, slumping down next to Midoriya who put his arm around her. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm definitely gonna get teased about it too" 

They both laughed, remembering all the times their classmates teased them about their so called crushes on each other.  Now that they were actually a couple, everyone was bound to give them more lip.  When Midoriya calmed down, he noticed that Uraraka was looking at the floor, frowning.  

"Hey is something wrong Ochaco?"

He turned her shoulder so she was directly facing him. She sighed before looking up with a weak smile.

"Yeah it's nothing.  Just, we're already officially boyfriend and girlfriend but we haven't been on our first official date yet"

Midoriya can't believe he hadn't thought of that yet. They've hung out alone before, but things were always super awkward and complicated.  They had yet to spend some real quality time as a couple.  

"Well its Saturday and we don't have to worry about finals.  You want to do something tonight?"

She smiled for real this time and threw her arms around him.

"It's a date!" 

She explained before jumping up and gathering her things. 

"W-Wait where are you going?"

He stood up and reached out to her.

"To change and go downstairs silly! It's almost noon.  Meet me by the elevator ok?"

She laughed as she disappeared out the door.  Midoriya sighed and hurried through his morning routine, brushing his teeth, combing his hair, and throwing on a fresh change of clothes.  Five minutes later he was waiting by the elevator as Uraraka rounded the corner.  They lived on the same floor their third year, which made it pretty handy for sneaking time together.  They each took a deep breath and held each other's hand as the elevator doors opened on the ground floor.

"HEEEEY THERE THEY ARE!"

Everyone but Bakugo and Mineta cheered.  The grape boy ran over and began punching Midoriya's legs.

"HOW COULD YOU MIDORIYA! YOU STOLE THE LAST SINGLE HOTTIE IN OUR CLASS FOR YOURSELF"

He yelled with tears streaming down his face. Ojiro whipped him with his tail and sent him flying into the couch.  With that out of the way, everyone crowded around the new couple getting lots of "congratulations" or "its about damn time" from those who weren't at the hospital.

"You guys were up there for quite a while"

Kirishima smirked as he poked him in the shoulder.

"OH MY GOSH DID YOU GUYS DO IT!"

Hagakure and Ashido squealed in unison. Iida dashed in front of the couple pushing back the rest of the class.

"Guys please.  We're all excited that these two have FINALLY gotten together, but now is not the time to be asking such personal details.  They will tell us when they feel like sharing"

The rest of the class grumbled and went about their business.  

"Thanks Iida"

Midoriya and Uraraka sighed as they narrowly avoided having to deal with all the teasing.

"No problem! It's the right thing to do.

Iida replied patting Midoriya on the shoulder before walking away. 

"I'm starving! Let's get some breakfast" 

Midoriya exclaimed.  He grabbed Uraraka's hand, dragging her into the kitchen.  

"You mean lunch silly!" 

She laughed and lightly punched him.  Across the room, Ashido was watching them with an evil grin.  Rubbing her hands together, she pulled out her phone.