••Tython••

"Where are they?"
A man with a dark cape stood by the window of his cruiser.

A feminine voice spoke, "We're not sure, last time we received coordinates through transmission was weeks ago at the forest moon of Endor."

It was silent, the man stood as if he were a statue, unmoved by the woman's report.

"Sir?"

The woman stood awaiting an answer, she knew that the plan was a failure, the two TIE Fighters they sent after the child were now destroyed, and she knew it wasn't a pleasing report.

The air remained thick until a beeping from the monitor cut through the air of tension.

"Open it."

"Yes sir."

The woman tapped on the red blinker and opened up a transmission.

"It's from Jakku."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I hear-"

"How did you get these coordinates?" The man said in a demanding manner.

"Im Imperial."

The man remained silent, allowing the other man from the transmission to speak.

"I hear your looking for a mandalorian and a child."

The woman looked over to Moff Gideon as he returned her gaze but then looked back up to the transmission.

"I've crossed paths with him, looking for a Jedi, he took the job from me."

"There are other Jedi?" Moff Gideon pressed.

"Well.. one at least. She was living in Tatooine but I'm not sure if she killed him or not."

"He's not dead."

"How would you know?"

"Don't underestimate the mandalorian."

"Then why hasn't he brought me the Jedi."

"Because now he's protecting her, like the child."

The room fell silent until the Moff spoke for the last time.

"Get me all the information you can, we have two Force sensitives to capture."

The man on the transmission nodded and turned off his communicator whilst Moff Gideon got to work.

•••

The humming of the ship was quiet as you slept with Grogu in your arms. You'd been in hyperspace for a couple hours, watching the beautiful whirl of colors until a wave of sleepiness hit both you and the kid.

Mando had not yet fallen asleep; he was currently thinking of the past events that had happened between you, the child, and himself.

Two Jedi and a mandalorian.. Cara was right, I did end up with them.

Mando shifted in his seat to peak behind his chair to spot you and the child together. It brought a small smile to his face, just months ago he wanted to turn you in for all that money, but now, it was as if it were impossible for that to happen. Luckily for him, the ex-imperialist probably thought he was dead, which meant it might actually lower the risk of having two Jedi along with him.

He released an audible sigh as he relaxed against his chair, that is until he heard shuffling from behind. He looked over to see that you were waking up.