Chapter 23

"Oi, watch where you're standing fucker," Katsuki barked at the poor college student. They jumped slightly and scurried away causing Katsuki to roll his eyes before taking a seat on the white plastic, slightly uncomfortable chairs. But anything for Izuku, he thought miserably to himself. 

"Relax, Katsuki don't be such a brat," Mitsuki said, rolling her eyes at her son. The older couple sat next to Katsuki and Izuku's friends, everyone ready for the boy to graduate. 

Momo was off somewhere, cradling the crying baby and Todoroki had his phone and camera out, ready to take photos and videos of Izuku graduating. Uraraka and Iida were there too, the two of them, unsurprisingly, becoming best friends with Izuku. Mina and Tsu were chatting with Kaminari, Shinso, Sero, and Kirishima. 

All Might was a few seats away, the skeletal man hiding rather than wanting to be recognized. Katsuki was trying his hardest not to fanboy, and he wasn't sure if it was succeeding, but he was going to try. 

Katsuki did make sure to save two extra seats for Izuku's parents and yelled at anyone who tried to claim them. His friends and family were confused as to why, but he knew that Izuku would appreciate it. 

"Can you believe he's graduating," Masaru asked Katsuki, sighing softly. "Top of his class too," Katsuki grumbled back, proud of Izuku. 

"Oh, that's so sweet Kacchan, being proud of Deku," Kaminari cooed trying to pinch Katsuki's cheek and groaning when he got punched in the stomach. "Don't call me that and don't call him that," Katsuki scowled at the wincing blond. 

After the whole spilling-of-guts fiasco, Izuku and Katsuki ended up visiting his parents. With the realization that they were childhood friends, they had re-adopted the silly nicknames, much to Izuku's delight. 

The graduation was happening today and Katsuki could not wait to whisk Izuku away, the two of them holding off plans to travel until after he finished university. 

The crowd went silent as the speeches began, each person anxiously shifting in their seats to see their friend, family, or significant other. The air was full of hope and excitement, people proud of their classmates and themselves. 

They began calling out names, with polite clapping in between each person. It was so tiresome waiting for Izuku, Katsuki's butt was beginning to hurt from the plastic seats. 

"Midoriya Izuku," the dean called out and while others were politely clapping, Katsuki and Izuku's group erupted into cheers. They were all yelling out their songs of praise causing Izuku's face to turn promptly red, laughing slightly as he shook the hands of the university's administrative board and his teachers. 

Katsuki too was yelling, but he was more focused on a small box that was burning the inside of his pocket. 

Izuku came down and sat back in his seat, his own heart pumping with excitement and love for his friends. Honestly, he couldn't have pictured this day without them. Kacchan, especially. 

The ceremony eventually concluded and all of Izuku's friends - which was a lot, so to speak - bolted towards the poor, unsuspecting greenette. Izuku was talking with some of his university friends, promising to catch up, when Shoto, Shinsou, Uraraka, Iida, and Tsu jumped on him, tackling him to the ground. 

"Stacks on Midoriya," Sero yelled out before jumping on the lump of people, grinning when he heard the groans under him. Kirishima, Kaminari, and Mina followed promptly, which left Katsuki standing and watching them with slight disappointment and amusement. 

"C'mon Kacchan," Denki teased and Katsuki rolled his eyes before flopping on the pile. They heard the snapshots of cameras and Katsuki looked up to see his parents and All Might acting as personal photographers. Momo stood to the side looking amused.