Chapter 10

Izuku stared into Katsuki's eyes, his arms wrapped around his neck. Izuku's heart was pounding, but his mind seemed to stop. For once this night, running out of things to say. He could feel the emotions of his soulmate run through him. He knew his mother would never lie to him about the wonders of having a soulmate but he felt overwhelmed. Katsuki's happiness, lust, and satisfaction washed over him turning him into a bright shade of red. Everyone was dancing on the floor, lost in their worlds, but for Izuku... 

His world just changed. 

He did not know how to feel. How could he? Katsuki was a rude and aggravating blond, that was kind and funny when he wanted to be. However, Izuku was not sure what side of him to trust more. 

The loving, or the hating? 

His breath hitched in his throat as a warm smile grew on Katsuki's face. It was minuscule and barely noticeable, but Izuku noticed the corner of his lips quirk up, an emotion of pure adoration on his face. Katsuki lifted a hand from Izuku's back and placed it on Izuku's face, his thumb drawing circles on his freckled cheek. 

"You're my soulmate." 

Izuku stumbled out of his embrace at these words. His mind returned to the usual fast-paced mess it was. "I... No... This can't...", he whispered to himself, not knowing how to make sense of the situation. He looked up at the blond who's eyebrows were drawn in concern. "Are you ok", he whispered gently, butterflies filling Izuku's stomach. 

"I can't... I can't do this right now", Izuku said out of breath, running out of the building. He was greeted with the cool, night breeze. He sat on the sidewalk, his head in his hands. He didn't know what to do with this information. 

His soulmate had broken his heart without even knowing him. The tears from the night Katsuki yelled at him resurfaced. His breathing quickened and he placed his hand on his chest, closing his eyes hoping to calm this panic attack. A few tears made their way down his face Izuku, overwhelmed. 

Someone came and sat next to him and pulled him in his laps. Their touch calmed Izuku, so he leaned into the hug burying his head into their neck. They began to play with Izuku's hair until they felt his breathing return to a normal pace, his sobs reducing to hiccups. "It's ok, you'll be ok", they whispered and Izuku melted at the sound of their deep voice. Izuku didn't look up at the stranger, too caught up in his thoughts. 

The person lifted Izuku's chin and Izuku's eyes bore into Katsuki's ruby ones. 

Izuku got off of Katsuki standing up, Katsuki doing the same. 

"Why do you keep running from me?" The blond asked, hurt. 

***

Katsuki was overwhelmed with joy. He found him, his soulmate. His other half. He could feel Izuku's feelings of comfort, happiness, and confusion - may be even anger and anxiety - washing over him. Izuku went red and Katsuki's mind went blank at how much he knew he was already falling in love with the boy he was holding in his arms. 

He was in his world with him, and he was happy about it. 

Katsuki smiled slightly, the pure love he felt taking over his features. He lifted a hand from Izuku's back and placed it on Izuku's face, his thumb drawing circles on his freckled and blushing cheek. 

"You're my soulmate."

Katsuki was prepared to hug him properly but Izuku had jumped out of his arms. The warmth of his body pressed against Katsuki left the blond and he suddenly felt hollow. "I... No... This can't...", Izuku whispered to himself, confusing the blond even more. He hated when people mumbled. He grew concerned for his soulmate and he did not know what to say next. "Are you ok", were the only words that Katsuki could say for some reason.